• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

64th E3 Saxo Bank Classic: 25 March, 2022

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I’m trying to find the timing/checkpoint listing (chrono) on the E3 web page but I don’t know what the word for that is in Dutch? Can anyone help? I used to rely on Steephill for that info but as you know they’re not uploading race info to their site anymore for anything but the biggest races.
Thanks,
Paul

Reactions: Sandisfan
I hear what you're all screaming for, so here it is, the negative start list (riders not starting for all sorts of reasons but at peak shape could be expected to have played a role in the race):

Alaphilippe
Lampaert
Roglic
Gilbert
Florian Vermeersch
Claeys
Kristoff
Taco
Lutsenko
Colbrelli :(
Dylan Teuns
Schachmann
Bettiol
Cort
Keukeleire
Pacher
Démare
Ganna (I guess people think he can do something like this race too, for some reason)
Hayter
Kwiatkowski
Pidcock
Geraint Thomas
Boivin
Nizzolo
Würtz
Serrano
Valverde
Matthews
Eekhoff
Casper Pedersen
Hirschi
Pogacar
Trentin
Philipsen
Stannard
Mathieu van der Poel
Van Keirsbulck
Herregodts (would he be good here, I don't know?)
You forgot Masnada.

• Love
WVA is favourite but other names:

• Pedersen: I don't see WVA dropping Pedersen nor beating him in a sprint
  • Any love for Mohoric? He'll be there in the final, but he has to finish alone
  • Asgreen: will be the big contender for WVA in the coble classics
Less notable: Campenaerts, Benoot, Politt, Stuyven, Trentin, Girmay (impressive in MSR)
Girmay is an interesting one. He surprised and impressed me a lot in MSR - I didn't expect him to be so good in such a long race already. However, I think he'll have huge problems in the positioning game in a race like E3. It was quite clear in De Panne how he was uncomfortable and lost a lot of places in the fight for positioning in the last few kilometres.

I'll be rooting for him and Campenaerts this race. Campenaerts is so much fun to watch in these kind of races.

Yes it is. If anyone calls their baby that, RhD will take their citizenship away immediately

No... I only take away people's citizenships if they express disappointment in the result of a race won by a Dane!
And I'm pretty sure I gave it back...

I know Masnada is one of the three, but who are the other two?

Masnada is Danish? Awesome!

"We" in this case clearly referred to "We, Danes." Coz, sometimes it does seem like this forum turns into a new Danish Coffee Club.

• Love
No... I only take away people's citizenships if they express disappointment in the result of a race won by a Dane!
And I'm pretty sure I gave it back...

Masnada is Danish? Awesome!

"We" in this case clearly referred to "We, Danes." Coz, sometimes it does seem like this forum turns into a new Danish Coffee Club.
Masnada transcends nationalities. No, on a serious note, I understand now. And yes, we Danes are spoiled these days for sure!

I have Mohoric as the third favorite after re-watching last year's Geraardsbergen stage.

In his current shape, I can only see him getting outpaced on Oude Kwaremont by Wout and Asgreen.

On the shorter hills, he can stay with them or easily catch up on the descent.

I remember this was a thing last year...

:beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug: Van Aert
:beermug::beermug::beermug::beermug: Asgreen, Pedersen
:beermug::beermug::beermug: SKA, Turgis, Benoot, Narvaez
:beermug::beermug: Campenaerts, Senechal, Mohoric, Laporte, Stuyven, Van Baarle
:beermug: Küng, Simmons, GVA, Stybar, Naesen, Valgren, Sheffield, Cortina, Sagan

The number of beers each rider should be required to drink before the start, to give the others a fighting change.

I have Mohoric as the third favorite after re-watching last year's Geraardsbergen stage.

Het Nieuwsblad agrees. They gave him 4 stars (not beers, for whatever reason) for today:

**** * van Aert
**** Mohoric, Asgreen
*** Senechal, Kragh, Pedersen
** Küng, Stuyven, Turgis, Narvaez
* Campenaerts, van Avermaet, Sagan, Girmay, de Bondt

Het Nieuwsblad agrees. They gave him 4 stars (not beers, for whatever reason) for today:

**** * van Aert
**** Mohoric, Asgreen
*** Senechal, Kragh, Pedersen
** Küng, Stuyven, Turgis, Narvaez
* Campenaerts, van Avermaet, Sagan, Girmay, de Bondt
These ratings are designed to have one from each team represented.

To me, there are 4 Jumbo riders who deserve a higher rating than Sagan.

Reactions: IndurainsTdF1994

TRENDING THREADS