• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

64th E3 Saxo Bank Classic: 25 March, 2022

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
These ratings are designed to have one from each team represented.

To me, there are 4 Jumbo riders who deserve a higher rating than Sagan.
Sagan will have at least one star for the rest of his carrier for any north classic, even out of his shape. For a "just in case" reason. And don't forget how Gilbert won his P-R and Ronde. If the stars align right, even off form Sagan can jump to the correct long range attack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan and ij74
Sagan will have at least one star for the rest of his carrier for any north classic, even out of his shape. For a "just in case" reason. And don't forget how Gilbert won his P-R and Ronde. If the stars align right, even off form Sagan can jump to the correct long range attack.
I see no physical reason Sagan can't get back close to his best ever top form...he's not that old, yet. But mentally, I'm not sure he's motivated to do the work and diet necessary to get back to his best.

Reactions: Sandisfan and ij74
I hear what you're all screaming for, so here it is, the negative start list (riders not starting for all sorts of reasons but at peak shape could be expected to have played a role in the race):

Alaphilippe
Lampaert
Roglic
Gilbert
Florian Vermeersch
Claeys
Kristoff
Taco
Lutsenko
Colbrelli :(
Dylan Teuns
Schachmann
Bettiol
Cort
Keukeleire
Pacher
Démare
Ganna (I guess people think he can do something like this race too, for some reason)
Hayter
Kwiatkowski
Pidcock
Geraint Thomas
Boivin
Nizzolo
Würtz
Serrano
Valverde
Matthews
Eekhoff
Casper Pedersen
Hirschi
Pogacar
Trentin
Philipsen
Stannard
Mathieu van der Poel
Van Keirsbulck
Herregodts (would he be good here, I don't know?)
Meanwhile cyclingnews:
only.png

TRENDING THREADS