• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

6th Liège-Bastogne-Liège Femmes, April 24th, 2022

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh, you're thinking long-term?

Yes, the cycling world won't be ready for such kind of peloton for at least another 20-25 years. We also need to have developed the right kind of collarbone protection gear first.

But anyway; nice win by Van Vleuten.

Yes, she was the strongest and got fully rewarded for it this time.

AVV truly defies all cycling logic. She drags out every attack whether she's got a gap or not, continues to work even when it appears to be getting her nowhere, and chases the attacks of others when anyone else would look around. Just insanely strong with a gigantic engine.

Movistar should make a video of her discussing tactics with Valverde. I assume they would both just look at each other in absolute confusion.

AVV truly defies all cycling logic. She drags out every attack whether she's got a gap or not, continues to work even when it appears to be getting her nowhere, and chases the attacks of others when anyone else would look around. Just insanely strong with a gigantic engine.

Movistar should make a video of her discussing tactics with Valverde. I assume they would both just look at each other in absolute confusion.

Female Victor Campanaerts. She is just stronger than everyone, unlike Victor with his 58t chainring and 5000m 2 month altitude camp.

• Haha
Reactions: Unterlenkerfahrend
FRGwr6kWQAAcwvW

On Kasia's lack of form, I feel a bit of it is her tendency to overwork herself when she has form and a bit of it is kind of forced by the team situation. She's the clear leader in pretty much every race and although there are other solid banks of results like Barnes, Chabbey and Klein, two of the team's bigger acquisitions haven't really paid off yet in Mikayla Harvey not being able to recapture that immediate post-pandemic form and Chloe Dygert putting a hole the size of Iowa in her knee and doing very limited racing for the team, meaning Kasia seems to go to every race with the pressure of banking the team's results on her. It wouldn't be the first time she's botched preparation for the Ardennes either, by either over-racing or timing form for the races that suit her less well before the Ardennes and then not having the form when those races come around.

Good job I didn't second-guess myself, I wanted to gamble on Lippert and after the last couple of weeks had a good feeling about her pulling out a top result but I just found it too hard to see past van Vleuten or Vollering.

TRENDING THREADS