70th Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2019 Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

tobydawq said:
Flamin said:
Haven't seen the stage but darn, Greg ain't messing around. Quality field he's beaten here.
He did an awesome sprint but it was very technical and it really was only the three front guys who had a chance after the final curve.
Saw the finish now. Mighty impressive sprint that was. You have to be very strong to sit top 3 in that final curve anyway. And look how cooked the other guys are.
 
Re:

Velolover2 said:
Looked like there was a small gap between the first four riders and Teunissen. About 2 seconds.
Yeah, but they all get the same time, Movistar should maybe try to complain about that, after all this race will probably going to be decided by seconds.
 
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
CCC really having an unexpectedly great start to the season. First Bevin takes two wins, then GVA starts showing early that he deserves to have a team built around his ambitions. I think this is the earliest he’s ever won in a season?
As a 21 year old neo-pro, he won a stage of the Tour of Qatar on the 1st of February. ;) And he's won several TTTs earlier than his win this year, but I guess they don't really count. He's usually a strong starter though, early win or not.
 
https://www.cyclingstage.com/tour-of-valencia-2019/stage-4-route-vcv-2019/
The 4th stage of the Tour of Valencia starts in Villarreal to finish atop a punchy climb near Alcossebre. Amounting to 188 kilometres, the route takes in three intermediate climbs.

The pro-cycling peloton visited the town(Villarreal) in 2017, when it hosted a stage of the Vuelta a España. The race went to Sagunto and breakaway rider Tomasz Marczynski took the honours ahead of Pawel Poljanski and Enric Mas.

The peloton returns to Villarreal for the start of the Queen Stage of the La Vuelta a la Comunidad Valenciana (as the Spaniards call the race). The route takes in three intermediate KOM climbs: Alto de Culla (11.3 kilometres at 4.8%), La Bandereta (4.4 kilometres at 6.7%) and La Sarratella (10.7 kilometres at 3.9%).

The finale is played out on the slopes below the Ermita de Santa Lucía y Sant Benet. The 2017 Vuelta also visited this place in 2017. The day before the successful Marczynski break Alexey Lutsenko climbed to victory near the hermitage.

Shortly after the passage through coastal town Alcossebre the final haul up appears. It is a 3.4 kilometres toil with an insane first half. This section comes with a whooping average gradient of 14.7%, while the full Santa Lucía hill slopes at 9.7%.

The Queen Stage of the Tour of Valencia starts at 10:33 and the finish is expected around 15:15 – both local times.
here's the profile again -


Report of the 2017 Vuelta stage 5 that finished also at the Ermita Santa Lucia -
http://www.cyclingnews.com/vuelta-a-espana/stage-5/results/
Maybe Astana can win again?
 
Astana have four cards to play with for stage (and perhaps overall) win. Fraile, Izagirre, Bilbao and Sanchez.

Izagirre might want to stay with the favorites to defend his "lead" but they should use the other three to make it as difficult as possible.
 
Re:

Emotional Cobble Guy said:
Stage 3 what an awesome finish. Technical and such raw power by GVA.
I hope LLS can get a win too, the guy has been riding very consistent since Australia
Might just be me imagining things, but it seems to me that his consistency has consisted mostly of starting sprints pretty early. :p
Or not having much luck with late-stage attacks.
 
Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
Emotional Cobble Guy said:
Stage 3 what an awesome finish. Technical and such raw power by GVA.
I hope LLS can get a win too, the guy has been riding very consistent since Australia
Might just be me imagining things, but it seems to me that his consistency has consisted mostly of starting sprints pretty early. :p
Or not having much luck with late-stage attacks.
Haha thats actually kinda true but kudos to him anyway :lol: . One of the coolest faces in the peleton
 
Re: Re:

Emotional Cobble Guy said:
RedheadDane said:
Emotional Cobble Guy said:
Stage 3 what an awesome finish. Technical and such raw power by GVA.
I hope LLS can get a win too, the guy has been riding very consistent since Australia
Might just be me imagining things, but it seems to me that his consistency has consisted mostly of starting sprints pretty early. :p
Or not having much luck with late-stage attacks.
Haha thats actually kinda true but kudos to him anyway :lol: . One of the coolest faces in the peleton
The rest of him is pretty cool too.
 
Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Brian Smith still talking about the importance of the bonus points...

Do these guys do no research at all?

They repeated the bonus thing, guys! there are no bonus seconds!!!!

Can somebody pass the message to them?
 
Feb 22, 2011
57
0
0
Re: Re:

Aguirre said:
Armchair cyclist said:
Brian Smith still talking about the importance of the bonus points...

Do these guys do no research at all?

They repeated the bonus thing, guys! there are no bonus seconds!!!!

Can somebody pass the message to them?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY