• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

72 Volta a Portugal Bicicleta- em, 2.1 August 04-15 (Kash in !)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
08.08. Stage 4: Barcelos-Sra. da Graça (175,8 k)

4.jpg

Start: 12.40
Finish: 17.17

addon.php

Stream: http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php

Last year on Monte Farinha:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-9l9bjddDo

Interestingly, Blanco lost time in that stage though he left his group - with the likes of Plaza in it - behind; he allowed Ribeiro and Cabreira to gain time, and Bernabéu, Santos, Vitorino and Cunego were all in another group that got ahead of him.

If Pardilla is interested in winning this race, which he seems to be since he's up in 4th or 5th, not losing time like Sella or Kash, then tomorrow will have to be one of the times that he does it. The likes of Santi Pérez will see tomorrow as an opportunity too, because Blanco is an excellent time triallist, and they need to put time into him in the high mountains as a result. Torre reaches steeper inclines than Sra da Graça, but it's a much longer, more gradual climb; this climb is better suited to distancing the less pure climbers, but not as long.

Right, I've finally watched yesterdays stage. A bit of a pile up on the final bend. A lot like Cav's Bruxelles attempt at cornering.

A good effort from Sella. Clever spot of the route sign and roundabout short cuts.
Shows that a flat circuit isn't necessarily boring, especially when there is a shortage of proper lead out trains.
Still Saur's did the job in the end for Jimmy Casper.

Looking forward to today's MTF, which I will have seen by the time Monday's stage comes around.:eek:

Can't catch Burgos, at all.:(

An early attempt to escape has been thwarted; some interesting names in that group including Grabovskyy and Sella again, Filipe Cardoso and Jesús Del Nero.

Now a more settled attack with Chuzhda and Ferrari (Caja Rural), Rabottini (Lampre), Lefévre (Bbox), Sérgio Sousa (Boavista) and José João Mendes (Rota dos Moveis)

Rui Sousa and Bruno Pires in an early move here, rather surprising but could be fun. A couple of LA-Paredes Rota dos Moveis guys too, Márcio Barbosa and Hernâni Broco. Oleg Chuzhda beats Sérgio Sousa to the top of the Alto Campanhã so he'll be back in the KOM jersey tomorrow. Sérgio dropped him on the descent but the two are working together again now.

The last 10 winners on Sra da Graça:
2000 Claus Moller
2001 Jose Luis Aguado Rebollo
2002 Joan Horrach
2003 Pedro Arreitunandia
2004 David Arroyo
2005 Adolfo Garcia
2006 João Cabreira
2007 Eladio Jiménez
2008 Juan José Cobo
2009 André Cardoso (desclassificação de João Cabreira e Nuno Ribeiro)

Pardilla is the one to open hostilities!!!

Also, Cândido Barbosa's years of becoming a climber for 2 weeks a year are over now that Héctor Guerra can't drag his sprinter-sized frame up the mountainside.

Santi Pérez has been dropped!!! That IS a surprise.

The Palmeiras train is just too strong and Pardilla's not going to go anywhere.

My Paredes Rota dos Móveis boys are struggling...
Rui Sousa does not want to go down without a fight and has launched himself again despite Pardilla and Broco being taken back.

Sinkewitz is still in the group, as is Pardilla, for those taking note.

Very surprising underperformance by the Loulé team - neither Zaballa nor Santi Pérez made the bunch, though they've got someone in there, Silva I think.

Pardilla and Sinkewitz are dropped now, as Sousa is taken back and Bernabéu tries to drop the Palmeiras superdomestiques.

Hernâni Broco finally dropped after an AWESOME performance. Well done Hernâni.

There goes Blanco, and the inevitable happens. André Cardoso, Bernabéu and Broco chase him. Though Cardoso doesn't chase him hard cos he's his teammate.

Blanco wins and takes the camisola amarela, which I expect him to hold to the end now.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
The commentators sound surprised that Barbosa was dropped early.....why?

EDIT: So, we'll soon find out if anyone has the legs to take the race to Blanco. Let's hope so. But I doubt it very very much.

CLASSIFICAÇÃO
1º David Blanco (Palmeiras Resort-Prio-Tavira),
2º André Cardoso (Palmeiras Resort-Prio-Tavira), a 6s
3º Hernâni Broco (LA-Paredes Rota dos Móveis), a 9s
4º David Bernabéu (Barbot-Siper), a 11s
5º Daniel Silva (CC Loulé-Louletano-Orbitur-Aquashow), a 21s
6º Rui Sousa (Barbot-Siper), a 33s
7º Patrik Sinkewitz (ISD-Neri), a 35s
8º Nelson Vitorino (Palmeiras Resort-Prio-Tavira), a 36s
9º Vergílio Santos (LA-Paredes Rota dos Móveis), mt
10º João Benta (Madeinox-Boavista), a 42s

Geral Individual
1º David Blanco (Palmeiras Resort-Prio-Tavira),
2º David Bernabéu (Barbot-Siper), a 43s
3º Hernâni Broco (LA-Paredes Rota dos Móveis), a 44s
4º Patrik Sinkewitz (ISD-Neri), a 59s

I hope Broco can hold on to his position up there, because he really put in a spectacular ride today after being in the attack group with Rui Sousa. And seriously, where the hell has Santi Pérez gone?

Ryo Hazuki said:
incredibel surprise from daniel silva, where does he come from :confused:

He's 25, he's done alright in his time, still improving. He was 11th in the same climb last year, so it's not totally out of the blue. He won the GP Liberty Seguros last September too.

Edit - what is totally out of the blue, however, is Daniel Silva sticking to the élite group on a climb while Santí Pérez, Tino Zaballa and Jesús Del Nero all go backwards.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Parrulo said:
very nice stage.

if only cardoso was on his own team . . . at least that way some1 would put up a fight to blanco, besides broco and bernabeu ofc

what i don't get is how can the tour of pologne be more important then the volta . . .

cardoso's itt is way too weak to be of danger to blanco