• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

74ª Volta a Portugal 15/08 to 26/08

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
iZnoGouD said:
why so late??

Dunno. But with Trittico Lombardo now on and the Vuelta starting in a few days, I think it makes perfect sense.

Stage 1. Termas de Monfortinho to Oliveira do Hospital

etapa1alt2012.jpg

This stage should be fun. Rensburg is in yellow with an advantage of 0,2 seconds over Hugo Sabido. There are bonus seconds to be handed at the finish for the first three. 10", 6" and 4". Last 30 km are bumpy.

Luis Mas Bonet (98; Burgos) and Jay Thomson (128, United Healthcare) are on the break of the day with an advantage about 13:50 minutes. 83 km to go.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Santa Ovaia at about 30 km. 2,8 km at 9,7%. Marco Chagas says the run in is wuite narrow, so positioning will be key.

Portuguese teams caught napping as per usual. Last 30 km aren't easy, but still. Efapel and Carmim working. The others are happy to wait and see. Apparently, Hugo Sabido (La -Antarte) has gathered bonification second(s) along the way and is now ahead of Rensburg.

Edit: Last time I checked it was 08:54 on the moto-bike. The time listed by RTP is more often than, not wrong.

Lexman said:
around 7 minutes, they interviewed a DS in english who said they almost abandoned the yekkow jersey since they weren't goin' to ride after another south african ...
Even if they catch the break, Hugo Sabido has won some bonus seconds so RENSBURG has lost the jersey anyway

2.4km @ 11.8% for the next climb. Not bad Portugal :)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
Jay Thompson ahead still from the early break. Then a peloton split to pieces on the 2nd category climb. All the main favourites are there I think on the 2nd group: Sabido, Blanco, Mestre, Ribeiro...

- the colombians

TRENDING THREADS