• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

75. Tour de Pologne, 4-10 August (2.UWT)

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
luckyboy said:
Hodeg should've won that if he went a few metres earlier.

Quite a terrible sprint field for three days in a row of flat stages though :Neutral:

It’s great to get a look at Ackermann v Hodeg. They are genuinely fast, particularly so far this year Ackermann. I think that looking back when both are more established this will seem like a strong field. The Tour of Poland is often a good place to see guys who are about to be big duel.
I'm quite surprised QSI didn't bring Jakobsen. He outsprinted Ackermann pretty easily in Scheldeprijs..

But I guess they're letting him ride Binckbanck, and if not, then I really don't know the logic...

Jakobsen is very young, so they may be trying to avoid overworking him. I would not judge him versus Ackermann on one sprint in spring, Ackermann has stepped forward since then and Jakobsen has been quiet. I think he has five wins since Jakobsen last took one. As against that, Jakobsen is a lot better at 21 than Ackermann was at that age. Hugely better. It would be interesting to see them matched here. After the first two stages it appears that Ackermann currently has Hodeg’s number.

Well my question is answered. Jakobsen is sprint leader for QS in the Binck Banck Tour. That's why

WTF was it? It was fast downhill finish. Kwiato was two times looking back at 800 m, instead of guaranteing his position to finish. Then Preidler attacked, Kwiato was closed, and did nothing to follow Preidler... His 3rd place is miracle.

Yates misjudged the final chicane and then turned it up in the last 100 metres - Yates accelerates through the chicane and the stage win was a possibility. Though text book tactics by FDJ show why you should always try to have a second rider for that kind of finish.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I must admit Im very surprised by Bennett. He was absolutely monstrous today. Lotto NL is just on fire everywhere these days, he could easily get a top-5 in La Vuelta.

Expected more from Carapaz on such a stage.
I think it's like Oreca-Greenedge 2 years ago and Sunweb last year. Just everything seems to be going their way suddenly