• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

75. Tour de Pologne, 4-10 August (2.UWT)

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
End of flat stages. This is the tomorrow stage finish:

e_4_4.jpg

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

*** the quick said:
End of flat stages. This is the tomorrow stage finish:

e_4_4.jpg

This profile is laughably bad. It looks as though the road barely rises in the final km when in reality it’s close to an 11% grade.

Re: Re:

Danskebjerge said:
e_4_4.jpg

This profile is laughably bad. It looks as though the road barely rises in the final km when in reality it’s close to an 11% grade.

Yeah, but it has qualified for the thread about the worst race profiles. :)

If the finish is in fact uphill as described, then that profile is horrible. :-D

It is that much uphill. We saw it last year where Sagan almost took a shocking victory but where Teuns ended up keeping him at bay.

Re-watching the video from last year reinforces what a short but brutal grind this final climb is. The graphics on screen might have been wrong but that last 200m seemed to take an uncommonly long time (especially since the gradient was easing).

Szczyrk: 1100m at 11.3%, with pitches up to 24%;
Mur du Huy: 1300m at 9.3%, with pitches up to 26%.

I guess Tuens is the obvious, having won here last year and placed 3rd in Fleche Wallonne the year before but I think it's pretty wide open. If Yates is in his early Giro form (a big "if" since he should be a few weeks from peaking) then he would be the one to beat.

Patrick Konrad was 10th at Fleche Wallonne this year (and of course 7th in the Giro) so is a bit underrated (was at 150-1, not anymore).

Really looking forward to it. Being a work day I don't have time to watch for a couple of hours so nice to have a stage where ten minutes of really good action at the end it all you need to see.

The Barb said:
Re-watching the video from last year reinforces what a short but brutal grind this final climb is. The graphics on screen might have been wrong but that last 200m seemed to take an uncommonly long time (especially since the gradient was easing).

I guess Tuens is the obvious, having won here last year and placed 3rd in Fleche Wallonne the year before but I think it's pretty wide open. If Yates is in his early Giro form (a big "if" since he should be a few weeks from peaking) then he would be the one to beat.

Patrick Konrad was 10th at Fleche Wallonne this year (and of course 7th in the Giro) so is a bit underrated (was at 150-1, not anymore).

Really looking forward to it. Being a work day I don't have time to watch for a couple of hours so nice to have a stage where ten minutes of really good action at the end it all you need to see.

Konrad has been working for Ackermann the last days and was 74. here last year with a similar seasonplan. I very much doubt he will do anything at all today besides getting some bottles for Formolo and Buchmann despite him being well suited to the course. Hard to see anyone but Teuns, Yates or Kwiatkowski if he can hang on until the flatter finish, win today. My guess is also Theuns.

MADRAZO said:
The Barb said:

Konrad has been working for Ackermann the last days and was 74. here last year with a similar seasonplan. I very much doubt he will do anything at all today besides getting some bottles for Formolo and Buchmann despite him being well suited to the course. Hard to see anyone but Teuns, Yates or Kwiatkowski if he can hang on until the flatter finish, win today. My guess is also Theuns.

This. Konrad would be one of the favourites in this field on a course like that and in the right form. But he will use this as build up for first the Deutschalndtour and second, even more important, the world cahampionships in Austria.

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Great win by Kwiatkowski!

On a side-note, I was also impressed by the Carrefour painting on the road in the final kilometre, making it look like it was 3D :lol: