• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

75th Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: February 29, 2020

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You know… it's confusing enough to keep track of Teuns and Theuns. Please don't start calling Teunissen for Theunissen! :p
(There isn't an actual Theunissen, right...?)
I called him Teunissen in my first post, but since everybody started writing Theunissen, i thought maybe i was wrong and so i took over the spelling. Maybe direct your post to those who started misspelling his name ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
I indeed don't consider 25 riders to be very elite. How many of those guys do you think will finish in the top 10 of de Ronde or Roubaix?
Do you mean could finish or will finish?
By logic, max 20 different riders will finish in the top 10 of two races. So obviously 25 is 5 too many.

If your question is if the 5 riders in question (Teunissen, Kragh, Trentin, Lampaert, Stuyven) can finish in the top 10 of de Ronde or Roubaix, then the answer is that they can all finish in the top 10 of those races. Some of them have already done it.

Do you mean could finish or will finish?
By logic, max 20 different riders will finish in the top 10 of two races. So obviously 25 is 5 too many.

If your question is if the 5 riders in question (Teunissen, Kragh, Trentin, Lampaert, Stuyven) can finish in the top 10 of de Ronde or Roubaix, then the answer is that they can all finish in the top 10 of those races. Some of them have already done it.

Will finish of course. If you had to put down 10 names for both races, you'd have those 5 in there?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Will finish of course. If you had to put down 10 names for both races, you'd have those 5 in there?

You can't even say for sure that Gilbert will finish Vlaanderen and P-R in top-10, and that's the wonderful thing about cycling, especially the classics.

And I didn't even realise there was group between the front group and the Van Aert/Vanmarcke duo... I. Am. An. Idiot! But again, this race... women's race (when it was on), and Ardeche… gets a bit confusing in my head.
Or... multiple groups? I have officially lost track...

Well, there has been Gert-Jan Theunisse, not that bad of a rider at all.

theunisse.jpg

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS