• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Dwars door Vlaanderen - A travers la Flandre ME (1.UWT): 29/3

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Someone explain Bora & Politt to me

I can. They were pretty much out of gas the whole day. Politt had to pull himself a lot of the splits back from 80 K out and van Poppel was completely gassed on the last climbs. They then just pretty much tried to recover and maybe tried something at the end or get a decent result in the sprint (10th at least for Politt today).

There problem is they still think they can influence races at the critical points but that is not the case. they should be in every break in every cobbled classic instead of hoping all the times that gaps come back. In the end there are just not good enough as individuals and a team to do so. But props to Politt for racing a really solid season. Outside of Roubaix he will never be a rider that can really compete for the win but his results are really good this year.

In Summary: He tries to comepte but just isn't good enough in the post-covid world. He then still try to bring a result instead of completely risk anything because Bora has no other rider if Politt is blown.

I can. They were pretty much out of gas the whole day. Politt had to pull himself a lot of the splits back from 80 K out and van Poppel was completely gassed on the last climbs. They then just pretty much tried to recover and maybe tried something at the end or get a decent result in the sprint (10th at least for Politt today).

There problem is they still think they can influence races at the critical points but that is not the case. they should be in every break in every cobbled classic instead of hoping all the times that gaps come back. In the end there are just not good enough as individuals and a team to do so. But props to Politt for racing a really solid season. Outside of Roubaix he will never be a rider that can really compete for the win but his results are really good this year.

In Summary: He tries to comepte but just isn't good enough in the post-covid world. He then still try to bring a result instead of completely risk anything because Bora has no other rider if Politt is blown.
Haller is probably their best bet when it comes down to a mass sprint at the end of a hard race, he's a bit underrated. That said, I don't know about his shape right now and something like RVV is frankly too hard for him.

I think BR meant he would like the opportunity to yell in their earpieces himself, rather than just at his screen!

ooh interactive watching. considering the yelling that we do on this forum during a race... don't think it will be successful :x

Br is a woman I believe
'he' can be used to refer to a person whose gender is unspecified or unknown. (just saying :))

No, that's where you use "they".
At least in English.

just as an FYI: (so people are aware that 'he' doesn't necessarily mean that person finds you manly ;))

just as an FYI: (so people are aware that 'he' doesn't necessarily mean that person finds you manly ;))

This ain't kosher in the age of Latinx

Reactions: Riek s
Hence why you could just write "they".
I don’t want to enflame the sensibilities of some posters, but for me now “they”in the singular usually connotes a trans individual. Last week I did a research trip that included 10 hours of driving with a coworker/good friend whose daughter (who I know well) goes by “they” and it’s became normative for me now.

On this forum it’s simpler just to use a short version of the forum name than guessing at a personal pronoun :)

Reactions: jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS