• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

77th Tour de Romandie (2.UWT) // 23rd - 28th of April 2024

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

yes or no

• Total voters
Just watched the highlights and who the hell is Lipowitz
I am asking but so was carapaz it seems
Wow he is super strong ...coming like a jet engine
This seems like the guy who could be the heir apparent to Rog

Carapaz looked fab on the climbs ...pity he is not going to the Giro

And Van Wilder ....maybe Remco might have to work for him yet on the climbs as he did a great job

But Lipowitz & Carapaz were by far the best

Too me, it looked like Bernal had some juice left in the tank. But he couldn't use it because he was riding for C-Rod.

Mostly good results all round.
  1. Great to see Carapaz win riding for his new team. There were doubts.
  2. Another great ride by Bernal. He was riding for C-Rod and did the damage to drop Ayuso. Super strong, pushing the big ring there. He looks in great shape and continues to progress and impress.
  3. Lipowitz looks like an emerging talent.
On the negative side, surprised to see Jai Hindley shed so much time, even if he's riding for Lipowitz. He was also unimpressive in the TT. We know he's targeting the TdF but I still expect him to be going better than this, just after resigning with Bora.

Why 'too fast'? It's not like his season falls apart from not riding well at Romandie (Ardennes is another thing, though).

I never said his season falls apart by not riding well at Romandie.???..I said he was too strong in the early season ie started the season too fast as a reason as to why he is tired now

Jeez and there was I writing perfectly understandable English ...but I guess some people read what they want to read

I never said his season falls apart by not riding well at Romandie.???..I said he was too strong in the early season ie started the season too fast as a reason as to why he is tired now

Jeez and there was I writing perfectly understandable English ...but I guess some people read what they want to read

I just meant that he did accomplish very nice things early in the season (winning Itzulia, second in Tirreno), so if he hadn't started as fast, he probably wouldn't have had as good a season.

I took the 'too' part as meaning something problematic which I don't think it is.

Reactions: AnotherArmChair

Saying that he started too fast implies that what he did before wasn't as important as what he's doing now.

Perfectly ambiguous English maybe?

Also, not everyone on here is English first.

Reactions: tobydawq
Too me, it looked like Bernal had some juice left in the tank. But he couldn't use it because he was riding for C-Rod.
Nothing personal, but I deeply dislike this sort of nickname: appalled (though probably not surprised) when the commentator on D+ used it. Maybe even worse than invariably referring to Evenepoel by his forename, 'though not nearly as bad as "G".

And entirely pointless as the only other Rodríguez we are likely to have to distinguish him from has the same initial.

I dont agree completely with those dissing Bora on tactics ...who knew Lipowitz was so strong

However tomorrow they need to ride for one rider in order to win the race from INEOS and that rider is imo is Lipowitz

He is better than both Vlasov and C Rod
If anyone should have known the numbers he could do, or how he was feeling at the base of the final climb, it would be Bora...

What was the point of attacking with 4km to go, or keeping it going once you saw Crod on the wheel and Vlasov dropped? Why do that if you didn't think you were going to just drop everyone? At the very least they should have realized the finish flattened out and needed to let him off the leash a little earlier.

Tomorrow is a little too late but if they're going to make something happen it might require a two pronged attack and risking the current GC position, which they or Vlasov might not be willing to do.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Lipowitz has literally zero experience at this level and with this kind of legs, hard to blame him for misjudging how much he could do on this climb. Vlasov wasn't catching C-Rod either way so only a potential stage win lost.
How can you conclude that when Vlasov only lost 4 seconds? Lipowitz created the gap and also didn't pace Vlasov so there's a lot of room to make up those 4 seconds. Lipwotiz didn't ride for a stage win, which would have looked like what Carapaz did, and didn't dom for Vlasov, which could have conceivably worked and should have been his assumed role if his strength really came as a surprise to everyone.

Saying that he started too fast implies that what he did before wasn't as important as what he's doing now.

Perfectly ambiguous English maybe?

Also, not everyone on here is English first.
yes ...sorry to anyone for whom English is not their first language
what I mean by 'too fast' is he was very good early on and now he is paying for it

Bet he will be very good at the Vuelta though

Reactions: jmdirt