• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

7th Vuelta a Burgos Feminas (May 19th-21st)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Évita Muzic witha great finale. Patiño completely cooked herself and lost a lot of time in the last kilometre...
But less than half what Mavi García lost. That's really surprising, I assume she went too hard trying to chase the GC in the stretch between Demi's attack and the steepest section, that final 3km look to have eaten up a few of those who attacked too soon.

Also Jose and Dani thought Doebel-Hickok was Ewers - understandable given Ewers' form but KDH is a strong, strong climber in her own right and has somewhat more experience too.

Edit: Évita gets 2nd on GC on countback ahead of Vollering from the looks of things, great counter-move by the Frenchwoman.

Last edited:
I picked the wrong BEX rider in the prediction game, but that was always a worry.

Great performances from Van Anrooij and Persico on a climb like this. I didn't think Muzic had recovered enough to be able to ride so well here after being dropped early in Itzulia.

I picked the wrong BEX rider in the prediction game, but that was always a worry.

Great performances from Van Anrooij and Persico on a climb like this. I didn't think Muzic had recovered enough to be able to ride so well here after being dropped early in Itzulia.
It's alright, a few of us decided to take leave of our senses and underestimate Pauliena Rooijakkers' ability to get herself into trouble before she gets to the bit that suits her in stage races.

Reactions: Samu Cuenca

TRENDING THREADS