• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

80ª Volta a Portugal em Bicicleta (1 a 12 de Agosto de 2018)

Setúbal › Setúbal (1.8k)
ABbh1sc.png

Alcácer do Sal › Albufeira (191.8k)
portugal1-768x299.png

Beja › Portalegre (195.3k)
portugal2-768x293.png

Sertã › Oliveira do Hospital (175.9k)
portugal3-768x293.png

Guarda › Penhas da Saúde (171.4k)
portugal4-768x296.png

Sabugal › Viseu (191.7k)
portugal5-768x292.png

Sernancelhe › Boticas (165.4k)
portugal6-768x296.png

Montalegre › Santa Luzia (Viana do Castelo)
portugal7-768x293.png

Barcelos › Braga (147.6k)
portugal8-768x295.png

Felgueiras › S. da Graça (Mondim de Basto) (155.2k)
portugal9-768x294.png

Fafe › Fafe (17.3k) - CRI
portugal10-768x293.png

The most wonderful time of the year is upon us. Balarcón seems to be in splendid form after crushing everyone in the Grande Premio a week ago. His schedule has been a lot lighter than last year too, he is as fresh as they come. I can see a new record on Senhora de Graça coming. Feel like we'll finally get that big showdown with Gustavo Veloso too. He has actually been decent in prep. races this year. Watch out! Can't forget about the legendary tridente of Sporting though. Nocentini, Brandão, Marque > Valverde, Quintana, Landa. Vicente Garcia de Mateos tested positive a short while ago, but is allowed to race as his provisional suspension has been lifted, great news! Brace yourselves, we're about to enter the twilight zone.

Re:

burning said:
Looking forward to some w52 action, it's a shame that the Torre stage is too early on in the race.
It's about the same distance from the finish as it was last year. The day we saw the greatest show on earth.

wwkKzfC.png

1 ANTUNES Amaro Manuel W52/FC Porto 4:56:55
2 ALARCÓN Raúl W52/FC Porto ,,
3 NEILANDS Krists Israel Cycling Academy 1:28
4 GARCIA DE MATEOS Vicente Louletano - Hospital de Loulé 4:41
5 NOCENTINI Rinaldo Sporting Clube de Portugal/Tavira 4:44
6 BENTA Joao Radio Popular Boavista 4:48
7 MARQUE Alejandro Sporting Clube de Portugal/Tavira 4:50
8 CASIMIRO Henrique Efapel ,,
9 SANCHO Hugo LA Aluminios-Metalusa 4:57
10 RODRIGUES David Miguel Costa Radio Popular Boavista 5:07
11 CARVALHO Antonio W52/FC Porto 5:09
12 BIZKARRA Mikel Euskadi Basque Country - Murias 5:12
13 SCHELLING Patrick Team Vorarlberg 5:15
14 PAULINHO Sérgio Efapel 5:22
15 SILIN Egor Radio Popular Boavista 5:47
16 FONTE César LA Aluminios-Metalusa 15:23
17 GOMES Luis Radio Popular Boavista ,,
18 AFONSO Luis LA Aluminios-Metalusa ,,
19 THURAU Bjorn Kuwait - Cartucho.es ,,
20 DEL PINO Jesus Efapel ,,

Re: Re:

DNP-Old said:
burning said:
Looking forward to some w52 action, it's a shame that the Torre stage is too early on in the race.
It's about the same distance from the finish as it was last year. The day we saw the greatest show on earth.

wwkKzfC.png

1 ANTUNES Amaro Manuel W52/FC Porto 4:56:55
2 ALARCÓN Raúl W52/FC Porto ,,
3 NEILANDS Krists Israel Cycling Academy 1:28
4 GARCIA DE MATEOS Vicente Louletano - Hospital de Loulé 4:41
5 NOCENTINI Rinaldo Sporting Clube de Portugal/Tavira 4:44
6 BENTA Joao Radio Popular Boavista 4:48
7 MARQUE Alejandro Sporting Clube de Portugal/Tavira 4:50
8 CASIMIRO Henrique Efapel ,,
9 SANCHO Hugo LA Aluminios-Metalusa 4:57
10 RODRIGUES David Miguel Costa Radio Popular Boavista 5:07
11 CARVALHO Antonio W52/FC Porto 5:09
12 BIZKARRA Mikel Euskadi Basque Country - Murias 5:12
13 SCHELLING Patrick Team Vorarlberg 5:15
14 PAULINHO Sérgio Efapel 5:22
15 SILIN Egor Radio Popular Boavista 5:47
16 FONTE César LA Aluminios-Metalusa 15:23
17 GOMES Luis Radio Popular Boavista ,,
18 AFONSO Luis LA Aluminios-Metalusa ,,
19 THURAU Bjorn Kuwait - Cartucho.es ,,
20 DEL PINO Jesus Efapel ,,

Ah, I meant in terms of the date of the stage. This carnage happened the day before the final TT.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

DNP-Old said:
The most wonderful time of the year is upon us. Balarcón seems to be in splendid form after crushing everyone in the Grande Premio a week ago. His schedule has been a lot lighter than last year too, he is as fresh as they come. I can see a new record on Senhora de Graça coming. Feel like we'll finally get that big showdown with Gustavo Veloso too. He has actually been decent in prep. races this year. Watch out! Can't forget about the legendary tridente of Sporting though. Nocentini, Brandão, Marque > Valverde, Quintana, Landa. Vicente Garcia de Mateos tested positive a short while ago, but is allowed to race as his provisional suspension has been lifted, great news! Brace yourselves, we're about to enter the twilight zone.
That's the way to go, a proper post to get hyped for the race, I really want to see a big showdown between Alarcon, Veloso and Brandão. :cool:

Re: 80ª Volta a Portugal em Bicicleta (1 a 12 de Agosto de 2

It might be kinda interesting the Portalegre and Boticas stages. No idea who to cheer for this year, I liked Amaro last year...

Probably Frederico Figueiredo and David Rodrigues, 2 cool guys

On the estrangeiro teams, look out for the young Victor Niño - at 45 he should just be coming into peak years for this race!

More reasonably, I am looking forward to seeing how Fernando Barceló and Sérgio Samitier get on for Euskadi-Murias against the August machines. It's like the Tour but without the guilt or the pretence.

On the national teams, Joni will be out for revenge after being forced to miss last year's event, García de Mateos was fantastic last season and oh who am I kidding W52 are going to steamroller everybody.

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
On the estrangeiro teams, look out for the young Victor Niño - at 45 he should just be coming into peak years for this race!

More reasonably, I am looking forward to seeing how Fernando Barceló and Sérgio Samitier get on for Euskadi-Murias against the August machines. It's like the Tour but without the guilt or the pretence.

On the national teams, Joni will be out for revenge after being forced to miss last year's event, García de Mateos was fantastic last season and oh who am I kidding W52 are going to steamroller everybody.
Samitier and Barcelo both have been (pre-)selected to ride l'Avenir with the Spanish national team. I'm afraid they'll have to look for two others after this one.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Hakkapelit said:
Do they have a extreme weather protocol i Portugal, looks like it could be record hot rhe coming days.
I doubt that the local teams care about the extreme heat, it's pretty normal durning the Volta.

TRENDING THREADS