80ª Volta a Portugal em Bicicleta (1 a 12 de Agosto de 2018)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

DNP-Old said:
48 degrees being reported now. Joaquim Silva DNF'ed because of a heat stroke. The Volta keeps delivering.
‏Sad to leave Portugal. Dehydrated I was stuck at the Antidoping control for 3hours with no food but water. After just being able to hand in my pee sample, my body completely shut down and collapsed. Spent the night in the hospital suffering from a heat stroke and kidney failure
Louis Bendixen

Another complete UCI fail. This organization is more incapable then Fifa.

Re:

luckyboy said:
Where did Luis Mendonca come from? 32 years old and he only turned professional last year after years in amateurs, and then won Alentejo this season.
He was a model and a barman before turning pro in 2015.

Chapeau to all for riding in the heat - nasty crash at the end. Well done to the fireman spraying water on the riders - plus some opportunist spectators!

(Trondsen nearly got there at the line - Go Coop! :))

did Tartoletto-Isorex pull out of the race? I remember seeing them on the start list but they aren't in the results and I didn't see any of their riders in the little bit of TV coverage I saw today.

Re:

zlev11 said:
did Tartoletto-Isorex pull out of the race? I remember seeing them on the start list but they aren't in the results and I didn't see any of their riders in the little bit of TV coverage I saw today.
They are not on the official start list even though they announced in April that they had been invited. The teams calander does not show the Volta so for some reason they DNS.

I see that they are at the Tour de Namur IC2.12 instead - see http://royalnamurvelo.be/index.php/le-tour-de-la-province-de-namur/liste-des-equipes-selectionnees-edition-2017

Jun 30, 2014
Alarcón is on fire, with Bala's form still being a bit of a question mark they should probably bring him to Innsbruck. :D

Aug 8, 2017
A portuguese newspaper reports that an anti-doping mega-operation is taking place at this moment. There are being tested 41 cyclists, all of portuguese teams.

ASK THE COMMUNITY