• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

93rd Milano-Torino (26.09.2012)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vcampbell said:
Contador seemed like he is going to die, but he decided to attack, amazing :D Thank you!

Aye.

The thing that got me with the video I watched, was the timing of his first acceleration and then going into attack mode. Complete control and understanding of a race situation. Simply, just pure class.

RHRH19861986 said:
After today, I think, if Contador would peak for the Ardennes one day, he´d be able to win even Liege. Really impressive, and promising for Saturday.

Today´s race was a real confirmation that he´s a complete champion, no doubt about that. Now it´s up to him to add a WT one day race win, and he will face a highly motivated and on-form Gilbert on Saturday.

I dont know, it was basically a 1 day mtf. We already know Contador is the absolute king of this kind of profile. Cant really compare to a 270k up and down Liege.

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
Velasco opens his classics record! Great result, I love when a rider wins something that isn't really his specialty. Also Betancour up there, this guy has to ride the Ardennes next year as a leader.

why do you persist in calling contador "velasco"?

shadowblue said:
why do you persist in calling contador "velasco"?

Velasco should just quit that moronic salute, I mean he's got so much class uphill and then he ruins everything on the finish line.

Hey pal really, cut that pistolero crap once and for all, you're not a 7 years old anymore.

BTW. Great race, great action, glad to see MI-TO back!!!

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I dont know, it was basically a 1 day mtf. We already know Contador is the absolute king of this kind of profile. Cant really compare to a 270k up and down Liege.
if andy and frank can, it would not be out of this world for contador to take it. as it is now contador is a better tt rider wich would help in a solo effort, and he has a better acceleration than the shlecks.

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Pippo_San said:
Velasco should just quit that moronic salute, I mean he's got so much class uphill and then he ruins everything on the finish line.

Hey pal really, cut that pistolero crap once and for all, you're not a 7 years old anymore.

I couldn't agree more.

I started a thread, "I was hoping he would do that again" after a recent win. A mod locked the thread, stating "this thread won't go anywhere".

I think this stupid salute needs discussing. Someone should tell him how ridiculous he looks.

bridgeman said:
I couldn't agree more.

I started a thread, "I was hoping he would do that again" after a recent win. A mod locked the thread, stating "this thread won't go anywhere".

I think this stupid salute needs discussing. Someone should tell him how ridiculous he looks.

Do you know how ridiculous he would look if he'd stop doing it just because some random fans think it's stupid. :rolleyes:

Pippo_San said:

It's not his problem that you care so much.

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the Pistolero salute hate... I mean, sure, if everyone did it, it would be a bit stupid, but right now it's Contador's thing. For me, it sort of signifies "I always win with a huge gap so I have the time to pull this sort of bull****".

Impressive ride by Contador. Rodriguez's form looks like it ended when the Vuelta finished based on his world's ride and this one but could not understand why he attacked. Contador had the sense let him go but Rodriguez is certain to outsprint any of these riders. Still Contador's attack probably would have been too much for him. Nice ride by Kessiakoff as well.

I watched the whole thing last night.
Really frightening crash for Niemiec;
underneath the crash barrier and wrapped around the support post.

Contador pulled the legs right off Nibali, getting up to the front three,
then almost immediately hit them with a scalding attack.
Almost like the old days.

Very impressive rides from Kessiakoff and especially Diego Ullissi.

Thought El Pistolero's gun was very small calibre at the finish;
a token pop. Really naff salute.

Mellow Velo said:
I watched the whole thing last night.
Really frightening crash for Niemiec;
underneath the crash barrier and wrapped around the support post.

Contador pulled the legs right off Nibali, getting up to the front three,
then almost immediately hit them with a scalding attack.
Almost like the old days.

Very impressive rides from Kessiakoff and especially Diego Ullissi.

Thought El Pistolero's gun was very small calibre at the finish;
a token pop. Really naff salute.
For the bolded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMRG6RjZJzw

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
after seeing this race. nibali is just at his regular level. he's nowhere close to contador or purito in climbing and he went too long to deep to follow contador. amazing jump of old by contador though.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
bridgeman said:
I couldn't agree more.

mzl.kwidrboj.480x480-75.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS