• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A bit of fun -- another fantasy game

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I am completely confused :confused::confused::confused::confused:
All mixed up, i don´t know who talks about which game. And i am in a hurry for sending picks. OMG

I think some unlucky mod is having to put all the posts back in their respective treads one by one. You can find the un-merged threads (incomplete) in this subforum.

A

Anonymous

Cobblestoned said:
I can just offer to rebuilt my thread, like Dim did it.
At least my posts and some quotes.
Should not be much.

Shall I ?

thats the easiest way. And i see youve done it. If anyone who started a thread is that bothered about it they can do that and then this thread can be just left to die. For instance none of the fantasy classics game needs putting back in its thread as its finished.

maybe this thread should just be renamed "the dumping ground"

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
thats the easiest way. And i see youve done it. If anyone who started a thread is that bothered about it they can do that and then this thread can be just left to die. For instance none of the fantasy classics game needs putting back in its thread as its finished.

maybe this thread should just be renamed "the dumping ground"

Good idea.

I hope Sasquatch reads and re-builts his "Giro-Manager-Game-Thread", because i need the rules.

Lucky enough my game ("The great Grand-Tour-Game") was moved completely and correct.

Total balls up.

Crazy to experiment with software moves one doesn't know how to use on the eve of a major tour, when deadlines are imminent.

Where the hell do we now find the relevant info for our entries to the Sasquatch's and Tuart's competitions, which need to be done within hours?

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Armchair cyclist said:
Total balls up.

Crazy to experiment with software moves one doesn't know how to use on the eve of a major tour, when deadlines are imminent.

Where the hell do we now find the relevant info for our entries to the Sasquatch's and Tuart's competitions, which need to be done within hours?

be nice boyo we just pressed the wrong button, it happens, if you have any helpful advice on which posts should go where please pm me :cool:

palmerq said:
be nice boyo we just pressed the wrong button, it happens, if you have any helpful advice on which posts should go where please pm me :cool:

Well I'm damned annoyed, and really dislike as patronising an attitude as calling me "boyo". I initiated a competition, took on the logging of another prediction thread, and now the effort is jumbled, lost, misplaced: others have invested far more time in these things. I was also looking forward to having a go tonight at putting together entries for the two competitions mentioned, and that has been thwarted.

As a priority, I would suggest that the key explanatory posts of Tuart's and Sasquatch's threads should be identified and reposted in a place of high profile and clarity. That would be a service to the board that is very necessary given the timing of this misadventure.
Edited bit: and a task I see someone is now engaged in: thank you to those involved in the recovery...

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I think sasquatches thread is back to normal, not sure about tuarts one though :S it is hard to tell, I never looked through these threads before :S, do you know what important stuff is missing?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
I think sasquatches thread is back to normal, not sure about tuarts one though :S it is hard to tell, I never looked through these threads before :S, do you know what important stuff is missing?

Tuarts game looks also good now. I think step-by-step everthing will be ok. I like the new section "Fantasy/Gambling"... i am surprised of this many games going on. Now it´s a great overview.

Well done.