• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A Block on Stage 2?

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Is it me or did it look like Renshaw's peel off the front was awful narrow and forced Farrar to stay on Cavendish's wheel and slow down? It looked like a block - Renshaw knows to peel further out. I'm not sure Farrar could have beat Cavendish today because of Columbia's wonderfully executed lead out train, but it also looks like Farrar's options were hindered by Renshaw's narrow peel off.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
bchambers said:
Is it me or did it look like Renshaw's peel off the front was awful narrow and forced Farrar to stay on Cavendish's wheel and slow down? It looked like a block - Renshaw knows to peel further out. I'm not sure Farrar could have beat Cavendish today because of Columbia's wonderfully executed lead out train, but it also looks like Farrar's options were hindered by Renshaw's narrow peel off.

Well Renshaw's peel-off at least shut out the Cervelo rider (Haussler?). A question though: is it illegal to block other riders? It seems like an often used strategy for sprinter team trains to block other trains on the final Ks.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
RdBiker said:
Well Renshaw's peel-off at least shut out the Cervelo rider (Haussler?). A question though: is it illegal to block other riders? It seems like an often used strategy for sprinter team trains to block other trains on the final Ks.

Yes, because unlike in the track, the speed differences aren't massive and as such, they won't crash because of it.