• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A Challenge to Lance Armstrong

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Clearly, news that Armstrong is "willing" to take a lie detector test is another obfuscation of facts, to the point of being infuriating.

If he was truly innocent of doping, long ago he would have insisted that all of his stored samples be back-tested for signs of performance enhancing substance use. That he has not done so it telling.

Online, any place possible, I will be posting a simple challenge to Lance Armstrong: release all of your stored samples for back testing.

I suggest everyone else should do the same. Keep the message strong and simple: "Lance Armstrong, should without hesitation release all of his stored doping control samples for back testing, as this would unambiguously prove or disprove any performance enhancing substance use."

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
FabulousCandelabra said:
Uhm what? I'm good with 26 people testifying against him... We've already seen how many times testing has failed in the past..

Because obviously he feels that some still support his innocence...

Also, to underscore his lying...

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Turner29 said:
...as this would unambiguously prove or disprove any performance enhancing substance use."

You have a lot of faith in drug testing.

A more targeted request might be to give the UCI approval to release/retest the 2001 TdS sample that is alleged to have been positive and which from the USADA work, appears to still exist.

But just retesting samples against tests they've already passed may not give you the unambiguous result your suggesting.

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
They way I read the interview was that Lance's lawyer thought an appropriately controlled lie detector might be a good idea, I did not get the impression it was a Lance idea. In other word the good councilor was speaking on Lances behalf, but not for Lance. I would be willing to bet a polygraphic exam has not been discussed with LA, at least not by the legal team

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
A more targeted request might be to give the UCI approval to release/retest the 2001 TdS sample that is alleged to have been positive and which from the USADA work, appears to still exist.
Spot on.

Does anyone know if UCI's contention that Armstrong has to agree to release the results of the test is legit? Is there a precedent for such an assertion?

Don't get sucked into meaningless challenges. This latest pr spin about the lie detector test is nothing but a cynical and pathetic attempt to control a narrative that has spun out of control for Armstrong.

I believe Herman also stated that for this "challenge" to be legitimate, all 26 who testified must take the lie detector test. Then Armstrong will take it. If only 25 of the 26 agree, then no deal.

He should have gone through with the arbitration procedure. Since he recused himself of his one and only legitimate avenue of redress, he's left with increasingly ridiculous and bizarre public relations ploys that just make him look stupid.

Besides, didn't he say he wasn't going to address any of this anymore and move forward?

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
howsteepisit said:
They way I read the interview was that Lance's lawyer thought an appropriately controlled lie detector might be a good idea, I did not get the impression it was a Lance idea. In other word the good councilor was speaking on Lances behalf, but not for Lance. I would be willing to bet a polygraphic exam has not been discussed with LA, at least not by the legal team

Right. In the context of the interview, Herman was bluffing in response to a question about having the witnesses against him take lie detector tests. I have little doubt that armstrong could pass a lie detector. Soociopaths are able to do that because they have no conscience to trigger autonomic responses which the test relies on. As to Herman's assertion that most fans don't care if he doped, Tim Herman knows better. The response on Armstrong's Facebook page has been massively negative toward Armstrong. Fans are posting pics of their cut up yellow Livestrong wrist bands. Former fans are also calling for folks to boycott all Nike products until Nike ends their relationship with Armstrong. The tide has turned and Armstrong finds himself being sucked away by a riptide of fan anger. Armstrong is done. He and Tim should buy a doube wide in Plano for their retirement.

TRENDING THREADS