• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A coffee and a small Danish.

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah, it's a question I eventually didn't put in because it's too easy. But originally I had a picture of a sprint finish with Murilo Fischer included as a hint.

If that's too easy, it sounds like a tough quiz. A pity cycling quizzes is not a thing in Denmark.

Edit: First you said it was something true legends knew, next moment it was too easy to be in the quiz... *

*mysterious detective-like emoji

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Maybe Trek Factory Segafredo?

That does make a bit more sense...

You know what? I'm going to make a break-down of every WT team abbreviation (break-downs of WWT and PT might come later). Words in brackets are words that are not officially part of the team's name, but are implicit:

ACT = AG2R Citroën Team
ADC = Alpecin-Deceuninck (Cycling)
AST = Astana Qazaqstan Team
TBV = (Team) Bahrain-Victorious
BOH = BORA-hansgrohe
COF = Cofidis
EFE = EF Education-EasyPost
GFC = Groupama-FDJ (Cyclisme)
IGD = INEOS Grenadiers
ICW = Intermarché-Circus-Wanty
TJV = (Team) Jumbo-Visma
MOV = Movistar Team
SOQ = Soudal - Quick Step
ARK = Team Arkéa Samsic
DSM = Team DSM
JAY = Team Jayco AlUla
TFS = Trek (Factory) - Segafredo
UAD = UAE Team Emirates (...Danseuse...?)

DISCLAIMER! I am in no way associated with the UCI, so I don't actually know if those are the thought-processes behind the abbreviations. Though, I do feel fairly confident that the random 'D' in 'UAE' does not stand for 'Danseuse'...

Last edited:
Silly fact.
The abbreviations of the two "Human Powered Health" teams are "HPM" and "HPW", which I shall assume stands for "Human Powered Men", and "Human Powered Women".
Why they don't just have the same abbreviation - "HPH" - is beyond me.

I believe the two Human Powered Health teams also had different UCI codes when they were called Rally.

Better than Michael Mørkøv's sock brand. Defeet.

Why would you have a brand who sounds like defeat?

Yeah, that is a horrible name.

Evenepoel nowhere to be seen in the first stage of San Juan. Curse of the rainbow jersey?

cFFZllR.jpg

That does make a bit more sense...

You know what? I'm going to make a break-down of every WT team abbreviation (break-downs of WWT and PT might come later). Words in brackets are words that are not officially part of the team's name, but are implicit:

ACT = AG2R Citroën Team
ADC = Alpecin-Deceuninck (Cycling)
AST = Astana Qazaqstan Team
TBV = (Team) Bahrain-Victorious
BOH = BORA-hansgrohe
COF = Cofidis
EFE = EF Education-EasyPost
GFC = Groupama-FDJ (Cyclisme)
IGD = INEOS Grenadiers
ICW = Intermarché-Circus-Wanty
TJV = (Team) Jumbo-Visma
MOV = Movistar Team
SOQ = Soudal - Quick Step
ARK = Team Arkéa Samsic
DSM = Team DSM
JAY = Team Jayco AlUla
TFS = Trek (Factory) - Segafredo
UAD = UAE Team Emirates (...Danseuse...?)

DISCLAIMER! I am in no way associated with the UCI, so I don't actually know if those are the thought-processes behind the abbreviations. Though, I do feel fairly confident that the random 'D' in 'UAE' does not stand for 'Danseuse'...
It's a leftover from their first name. "The team was launched as UAE-Abu Dhabi in Abu Dhabi on January 4th 2017"

And now I'm gonna continue listing abbreviations with the WWT:

CSR = Canyon//SRAM Racing
TIB = EF Education-TIBCO-SVB
FST = FDJ-SUEZ (Team)
FED = Fenix-Deceuninck
HPW = Human Powered Health (Women)
CGS = Israel Premier Tech Roland - okay, doesn't make much sense, but I assume it's a leftover from the Cogeas days.
LIV = Liv Racing TeqFind
MOV = Movistar Team
DSM = Team DSM
JAY = Team Jayco AlUla
JVW = Jumbo-Visma (Women)
SDW = Team SD Worx
TFS = Trek (Factory)-Segafredo
UAD = UAE Team ADQ - or they just inherited the abbreviation from the men's team, despite never having had the Abu-Dhabi part of the name.
UXT = Uno-X Pro Cycling Team

TRENDING THREADS