• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

A. Schleck to RadioShack without Frank?

Jul 20, 2009
11
0
0
Visit site
Rumor has it that A. Schleck is in negotiation to join RadioShack but without bringing along Frank Schleck. Will Frank S. actually hinder the development of Andy? Having the Schleck brothers is a good thing I would think. A. Schleck was pulling for F.S on Ventoux cuz A.S had nothing to gain if he can't gap AC. If it was a close race between AC and AS, I would think FS would have been more help than hurt AS don't you think?

Anyone think having FS in RadioShack would be a draw back for AS?
 
I started a thread on this particular topic, and it got moved into a more general thread speculating about who is going to Lance's new team.

This thread consolidation of "related but different" topics sucks. :mad:
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
I started a thread on this particular topic, and it got moved into a more general thread speculating about who is going to Lance's new team.

This thread consolidation of "related but different" topics sucks. :mad:

It's better than having to scan through a whole page of threads on a single topic. "Lance's new team" "Team Radioshack" "Schleck brothers to Radioshack" "lance splitting up Schleck brothers".... it's getting ridiculous! :(
 
Jun 15, 2009
247
1
0
Visit site
Cobber said:
It's better than having to scan through a whole page of threads on a single topic. "Lance's new team" "Team Radioshack" "Schleck brothers to Radioshack" "lance splitting up Schleck brothers".... it's getting ridiculous! :(
+1 to that.
 
Cobber said:
It's better than having to scan through a whole page of threads on a single topic. "Lance's new team" "Team Radioshack" "Schleck brothers to Radioshack" "lance splitting up Schleck brothers".... it's getting ridiculous! :(
Yes, but I think we should have ONE thread on the specific issue of Andy in particular going to the team, separate from the general thread speculating about anyone and everyone going to the team.

Related but different topics should not be combined.
 
Jul 20, 2009
54
0
0
Visit site
CN is gettin a little trigger happy here right? Why should we be able to even speculate on this yet?

And wouldn't Lance just have the same problems with shlecks as contador?

"These skinny bird men are beating me up the hill!"

We need competition, not a team loaded with CG stars

Lance and Levi

vs.

Shlecks

vs.

Wiggo and Vande

vs.

Nibali and Pelozoti


vs

Contador y ???
 
Jun 30, 2009
367
0
0
Visit site
Bruce_Willis_97 said:
CN is gettin a little trigger happy here right? Why should we be able to even speculate on this yet?

And wouldn't Lance just have the same problems with shlecks as contador?

"These skinny bird men are beating me up the hill!"

We need competition, not a team loaded with CG stars

Lance and Levi

vs.

Shlecks

vs.

Wiggo and Vande

vs.

Nibali and Pelozoti


vs

Contador y ???

perfect. i agree. i think the one-leader-and-one-clearly-infereior-but-still-good super-dom, and 7 other guys. let-r-rip.
 
Bruce_Willis_97 said:
And wouldn't Lance just have the same problems with shlecks as contador?

"These skinny bird men are beating me up the hill!"

We need competition, not a team loaded with CG stars
I used to think the AC/LA problems were inevitable and caused by their inherent competing goals. Now, especially with AC's latest statement, I'm not so sure. I'm beginning to think it was more of a conflicting personality issue (perhaps too large an IQ differential) than anything else. Andy seems a lot brighter than AC, and speaks English, so I think the chance for working things out rationally and intelligently is much better than for AC. Also, in this case one (LA) is inviting the other (AS), and so the terms can be established up front. In the other case LA crashed the party, and was apparently not welcome to do so by AC.
 
Jul 20, 2009
11
0
0
Visit site
AS is definitely brighter than AC, which is why LA wants to work with him. Even LA has to realize that he'll be 39 and not 27 next year. He may still want to win, but realistically speaking, best he could probably do is podium. Having AS in the team would discourage more attacks than just having LA as the leader.
 
Apr 22, 2009
124
0
0
Visit site
ilillillli said:
Has someone coined the term "Team RadioSchleck" yet? If not, dibs.

I was just thinking earlier today that this name would be one positive to come out of the transfer, if it does happen.
I like it better than Schlecksobank, I think because it works on multiple levels...in my head at least.
 
Jul 20, 2009
11
0
0
Visit site
Zen Master said:
And that conclusion about ACs intelligence is perhaps because AC don't want to speak english and don't want to obey grandmaster of cycling Captain Livestrong America ?!
Very smart indeed... :rolleyes:

It's a statement made because AC didn't need to attack to win but attacked anyway and run the risk of bonking. All he had to do was to keep the Schlecks in check instead of riding them off, but he's not too smart to do that. In the future, that will come back and bite him when his form isn't there.
 
Jun 22, 2009
4,991
1
0
Visit site
Schleksobank and Team Radioschlek have given me a nice giggle for bed, cheers guys. :D

Raboschlek
Silence-Schlek
Schlek-Lotto
Caisse d'Schlek
Schlekatel
La Schlek des Jeux

...no end of possibilities...:D
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
I used to think the AC/LA problems were inevitable and caused by their inherent competing goals. Now, especially with AC's latest statement, I'm not so sure. I'm beginning to think it was more of a conflicting personality issue (perhaps too large an IQ differential) than anything else. Andy seems a lot brighter than AC, and speaks English, so I think the chance for working things out rationally and intelligently is much better than for AC. Also, in this case one (LA) is inviting the other (AS), and so the terms can be established up front. In the other case LA crashed the party, and was apparently not welcome to do so by AC.

Are you kidding me? How the hell do you know what AC's IQ is? The fact that he won the tour in a team that seemed to be almost exclusively against him makes me think that his IQ is pretty high. He executed that win to perfection!

Seriously dude, your fixation that Armstrong can do no wrong in lieu of the facts is bordering on pathological......
 
May 19, 2009
238
0
0
Visit site
this is nothing more than a rumor, BUT if there was some truth to it, Frank gave an interview to the press in the early stages of the tour where he admitted to be troubled by the assumption that Andy was the leader of Saxo bank. He basically said: "what am I, chopped liver?", and then proceeded to say that if Andy was better than him, he would support him and people should not question his love and support for his brother, even though he though he was just as good as Andy. Well, unless he wants to give up on his Tour de France personal ambitions, I could see that he could be a hinderance to Andy's future.
 
Cobber said:
Are you kidding me? How the hell do you know what AC's IQ is? The fact that he won the tour in a team that seemed to be almost exclusively against him makes me think that his IQ is pretty high. He executed that win to perfection!

Seriously dude, your fixation that Armstrong can do no wrong in lieu of the facts is bordering on pathological......

My fixation that Armstrong can do no wrong? Where on Earth did you get that idea??? Now you're making me wonder about your intelligence.

Look, AC is very fast, to be sure, but in no situation where he gained time was there any evidence of quick or deep thinking. To the contrary, he missed out on all those opportunities, and won never-the-less.

I'm not saying he's a moron, but he has to be pretty close given how he has chosen to deal with Armstrong. Apparently he has low EQ as well as IQ.
 
Jun 18, 2009
1,086
1
0
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
My fixation that Armstrong can do no wrong? Where on Earth did you get that idea??? Now you're making me wonder about your intelligence.

Look, AC is very fast, to be sure, but in no situation where he gained time was there any evidence of quick or deep thinking. To the contrary, he missed out on all those opportunities, and won never-the-less.

I'm not saying he's a moron, but he has to be pretty close given how he has chosen to deal with Armstrong. Apparently he has low EQ as well as IQ.

It's apparent in almost every one of your posts...... I am sorry that you can't see that!
 
Jun 18, 2009
2,079
2
0
Visit site
ashaman said:
Rumor has it that A. Schleck is in negotiation to join RadioShack but without bringing along Frank Schleck. Will Frank S. actually hinder the development of Andy? Having the Schleck brothers is a good thing I would think. A. Schleck was pulling for F.S on Ventoux cuz A.S had nothing to gain if he can't gap AC. If it was a close race between AC and AS, I would think FS would have been more help than hurt AS don't you think?

Anyone think having FS in RadioShack would be a draw back for AS?

Umm, read front page story. No.