• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

A top rider that no one dislikes?

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Buffalo Soldier said:
The younger the rider, the less haters
(although of course there are exceptions, cf ricco vs Voigt)

less successful the rider, the less haters (especially if rider is a hard working domestic).

I'd use the term 'top rider' in a broader sense, someone in a position to win or is an important part of placing a rider to win, for example I would include Tiralongo as a top rider that I think few would dislike or indeed Kiserlovski on the other side of the age scale :p

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
Machu Picchu said:
less successful the rider, the less haters (especially if rider is a hard working domestic).

I'd use the term 'top rider' in a broader sense, someone in a position to win or is an important part of placing a rider to win, for example I would include Tiralongo as a top rider that I think few would dislike or indeed Kiserlovski on the other side of the age scale :p

My comment was rather as reaction on the comparison between rodriguez and sagan

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
Bit of a paradox there, no? For nobody to dislike a rider, you would also need to not dislike them. But you have stated that you would always dislike such a rider...
Not really. Echoes didn't say anything about not disliking somebody that somebody dislikes

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Magnus said:
Not really. Echoes didn't say anything about not disliking somebody that somebody dislikes

Not a paradox in the Star Trek-Time Travel Episodes sense of the word, but in the sense that it nullifies the entire thread by closing off the possibility that there could be anyone not disliked by someone. The poster pre-emptively dislikes anyone that is not disliked by anyone else, and thus ensures every single rider will be disliked by at least one person. It is a mobious strip of negativity.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
I didn't think anyone was good enough to measure up to the lofty standards of the CN forums.

If you do too well your probably a doper
If you don't do well you're a ****er
If you're a nice guy you lack the killer instinct.
If you have the killer instinct you're a bully and a jerk
If you're humble you don't have drive.
If you have drive you're arrogant.
If you don't attack all the time you're boring and have no panache
If you attack too much and blow up you're dumb and don't know strategy.
If you're above 4% body fat you're fat
If you're below 4% body fat you're an unhealthy "chicken"

And so on. It's a tough crowd.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
9000ft said:
I didn't think anyone was good enough to measure up to the lofty standards of the CN forums.

If you do too well your probably a doper
If you don't do well you're a ****er
If you're a nice guy you lack the killer instinct.
If you have the killer instinct you're a bully and a jerk
If you're humble you don't have drive.
If you have drive you're arrogant.
If you don't attack all the time you're boring and have no panache
If you attack too much and blow up you're dumb and don't know strategy.
If you're above 4% body fat you're fat
If you're below 4% body fat you're an unhealthy "chicken"

And so on. It's a tough crowd.

Yes, well done. Take all the opinions held on a subject, within a group, bundle them together and then act as though all of that group hold all of those thoughts. Of course lots of different people's opinions will appear contradictory if you stick them all together as one. What exactly are you trying to point out?

Oh, and try Googling the origin of the nickname "Chicken".

How about Timmy Duggan?

jd12tocstg6006_600.jpg

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
From the recent past I don't seem to recall having seen, read or heard anyone say anything negative about Charley Mottet or Andy Hampsten.

greenedge said:
Does anyone dislike Haussler or is he not a top rider at the moment?

What about greener, edgier Hausler?

4fc40e8f64a74.preview-300.jpg

I think those others are all good bets, even Bronzini. She cuts a mean figure in the rainbow stripes! ;) The only pro woman I can think of that people might take issue with is Longo b/c of the recent "contraband" dust-up.

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Caruut said:
Yes, well done. Take all the opinions held on a subject, within a group, bundle them together and then act as though all of that group hold all of those thoughts. Of course lots of different people's opinions will appear contradictory if you stick them all together as one. What exactly are you trying to point out?

The thread is about collective likes/dislikes. 9000ft is pointing out the collective's ranging opinion.