• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Abu Dhabi Tour 2018, Feb 21-25

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win on Jebel Hafeet sunday?

• Rui Costa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ilnur Zakarin

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Ion Izaguirre

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Domenico Pozzovivo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexandre Geniez

• Simon Yates

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Someone else

• Total voters
Re:

Krokro said:
Indeed promising stuff again from Julian. He is becoming such a Bala. I cant wait the epic duel in the Ardennes. Looking at Valverde form, its is almost frightening for his opponents tho..
Is there anyone except Alaphilippe maybe who could even stand a chance against him in the Ardennes? I'm having a hard time seeing any others coming close.

Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Krokro said:
Indeed promising stuff again from Julian. He is becoming such a Bala. I cant wait the epic duel in the Ardennes. Looking at Valverde form, its is almost frightening for his opponents tho..
Is there anyone except Alaphilippe maybe who could even stand a chance against him in the Ardennes? I'm having a hard time seeing any others coming close.
Dan Martin as well. Kwito in Amstel, but I dont believe him in the other Ardennes. Then you have Nibali, but I really don't believe in him.

They just gotta hope for shitty weather like 2016, then Valverde will almost beat himself.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Krokro said:
Dan Martin as well. Kwito in Amstel, but I dont believe him in the other Ardennes. Then you have Nibali, but I really don't believe in him.

They just gotta hope for ****** weather like 2016, then Valverde will almost beat himself.

It was probably a combination of the weather and the fact that he would do the Giro, so he might have been half a level below his best (if such a thing is possible for him).

By the way, it's very easy to forget what happened to him in last year's Tour now that he is just bull-dozing his way through the year like last year. That is one heck of a comeback.