• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Abu Dhabi Tour 2018, Feb 21-25

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win on Jebel Hafeet sunday?

• Rui Costa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ilnur Zakarin

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Tom Dumoulin

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Ion Izaguirre

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Domenico Pozzovivo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexandre Geniez

• Simon Yates

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Someone else

• Total voters
Re: Re:

PeterB said:
GuyIncognito said:
Mayomaniac said:
And the Lepheimer comment was really funny. :D

I got a mod warning for it. Apparently someone took it as a doping comment, which just boggles my mind and shatters the (admittedly very little) faith I had in any intelligence being present around here.

Here I was thinking it was incredibly obvious that I'm talking about Majka not attacking, not doing any work, not taking a single pull and following wheels the entire way even if it's tactically dumb, just as Leipheimer was known for. Here I was thinking even a child would see that.

But nope. Doping reference, somehow. I should know by now that if I say "Good morning" someone will complain it's a doping reference.

Jesus christ some people... (and I mean whoever reported it, not the mod just doing his job)
Yeah, though I got your Majka-wheelsucker "secret message" after a minute of wondering "what is he talking about?", there are probably many people on here who are too young to follow cycling in Levi's era, or who simply see Majka as an exciting attacking rider... But a mod not recognising that is surprising, hope they accepted your explanation.
Please forgive them.

GuyIncognito said:
Mayomaniac said:

I got a mod warning for it. Apparently someone took it as a doping comment, which just boggles my mind and shatters the (admittedly very little) faith I had in any intelligence being present around here.

Here I was thinking it was incredibly obvious that I'm talking about Majka not attacking, not doing any work, not taking a single pull and following wheels the entire way even if it's tactically dumb, just as Leipheimer was known for. Here I was thinking even a child would see that.

But nope. Doping reference, somehow. I should know by now that if I say "Good morning" someone will complain it's a doping reference.

Jesus christ some people... (and I mean whoever reported it, not the mod just doing his job)

I did get the meaning (and silently giggled), but then i'm old enough to remember the Leipheimer. There are young guys around nowadays, who don't even know what a Leipheimer is.

GuyIncognito said:
Mayomaniac said:

I laughed when I saw it. Didn't know who finished in that position, checked and saw it was Majka, and then proceeded to laugh some more. It was clever but dumb you got a warning. :eek:

TRENDING THREADS