• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

According to the route. Is Vuelta 2013 the hardest Vuelta of the history?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Vuelta 2013, the hardest one?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
What should he do then? Ride no GT or go to the giro with that 50 km flat TT?

This is his best chance to do something in the tour.

True, but IMO he should do Giro-Vuelta. If he podiums the Tour the most he will do at the Vuelta I think is a top 10. If he did Giro-Vuelta I could see him contending for the podium in the Giro (even with the TT km's) and winning the Vuelta. Better a possible podium and win then a podium and top 10.

like Purito himself stated & for the connoisseurs: A GT lacking a 120 km of ITT, a couple stages measuring 250k & six MTF, ain't simply making the cut for toughness....

No question this 2013 is hard & demanding with all the uphills-but in reality is just the 3 MTF stages piled together where the differences will be made.
I do believe is going to be a good one still.....

hfer07 said:
like Purito himself stated & for the connoisseurs: A GT lacking a 120 km of ITT, a couple stages measuring 250k & six MTF, ain't simply making the cut for toughness....

No question this 2013 is hard & demanding with all the uphills-but in reality is just the 3 MTF stages piled together where the differences will be made.
I do believe is going to be a good one still.....

It will be hard to top the 2012 Vuelta.

There's not 13 mountain stages like they say. A lot of these would be categorized as hilly in the Tour og the Giro. It's up for discussion of course, but I would probably say 7 mountain stages or so; and some of them is not really hard to me at least.

Still, I think it's an interesting route that could possibly provide some great racing.

Purito is probably right.

TRENDING THREADS