• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
on3m@n@rmy said:
What happened the last time you advised ACF to do something? ;) ...just saying

I dont know. Tell me.

I did advise ACF to take over the ACF mafia and that worked out ok.

Kazistuta said:
Spot on!! :cool:

Remember, ACF, that originally you promised a Gesink avatar until the month of May, so if you win the bet you're gonna make around March 20th, you must in all fairness keep the Gesink avatar and not go back to a Evans/BMC avatar f.i. :)

Wanna make a bet about TOAK while we're on the subject of betting? ;)

WHat does the O in The O Alexander Kristoff stand for, and did he really say that?

Well, "overhyped" was the meaning of my original abbreviation, but "overrated" might be just as good :p

Actually I kinda feel bad for the guy, since ACF supposedly managed to jinx him while hyping him to be faster than he is. Kristoff will surely get some wins along the road, but against sprinters like Cav, Farrar, Petacchi, Freire, Hushovd, Greipel etc. he'll be shark food.

Kazistuta said:
Well, "overhyped" was the meaning of my original abbreviation, but "overrated" might be just as good :p

Actually I kinda feel bad for the guy, since ACF supposedly managed to jinx him while hyping him to be faster than he is. Kristoff will surely get some wins along the road, but against sprinters like Cav, Farrar, Petacchi, Freire, Hushovd, Greipel etc. he'll be shark food.

Well, he is still very fast when it comes to acceleration but he's not very good at the other aspects of sprinting yet. He gets lost in the sprint and boxes himself in and gets stuck too far back in the last few kms etc. Unfortunately it's the overall result that counts so until he gets more consistent at navigating bunch sprints he won't live up to the hype.

TeamSkyFans said:
2lt28o3.png
We have a winner!!!

ingsve said:
Well, he is still very fast when it comes to acceleration but he's not very good at the other aspects of sprinting yet. He gets lost in the sprint and boxes himself in and gets stuck too far back in the last few kms etc. Unfortunately it's the overall result that counts so until he gets more consistent at navigating bunch sprints he won't live up to the hype.

Well, as far as I know he's never won a stage in a race with the pros. Only win of note he has to his name is the Norwegian Champs, which is, with all due respect, a race against secondary opposition.

So I'm gonna with with even rating him until he's actually won something, anything.

The Hitch said:
I dont know. Tell me.

I did advise ACF to take over the ACF mafia and that worked out ok.

I was just joking, in fun of course, about the time you convinced (which I admit wasn't really advice) ACF to create a thread about his meeting Cuddles... and some of the dialog that followed. :D

BTW, dim is creative... good choice for the avatar ACF.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
How about...

picture_14.png

Hah, no, just kidding. More like:

Gesink%20Best%20Young%20Rider.jpg

He's so happy! D'awwwwwww. Adorable.
well yeah if your at the euro kissing girl level of cycling with your wins whats to be sad about? im a little jealous i must say none the less if it was a good win cool he deserves it.:cool:

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So whats the big bet between ACF and the Dutchies regarding BMC vs Rabobank in the Les Essarts ttt?

If he wants to I will take that bet, he can even name the odds (as long as they aren't too strange :p)