• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Aerodynamic hairstyle

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Which is the most aerodynamic hairstyle? I'm thinking about cutting my hair so aerodynamic as possible.
And I want proof that your answer is the right, like an internet link to an article or something like that. :)

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
Surely bald is the most aerodynamic hairstyle.

Edit: Any chance that you're a triathlete?

Bald is, according to me, not good-looking. I want cut my hair to bald.

I'm not a triathlete, I'm training to be a professional cyclist.

Kluckpang said:

Pros have to wear helmets, so I think it's extremely limited how much of a change a haircut does. As long as you don't have very long hair, you should be fine.

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Netserk said:
Pros have to wear helmets, so I think it's extremely limited how much of a change a haircut does. As long as you don't have very long hair, you should be fine.

That's the thing...I got quite long hair. I have it in a pony tail when I exercise.

thomas_dekker_wint_etappe_circuit_de_la_sarthe.jpg

Vladimir-Karpets-mullet.png

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Kluckpang said:

If you're really aiming at becoming a professional cyclist, focusing on those aspects instead of working on your power, won't really help you.

Anyway, Specialized did lately some interesting tests. One of them was comparing hairy legs with shaved ones and shaving the legs does actually improve the performance.

PS : Why is this thread in the Professional Road Racing forum?

nobilis said:
If you're really aiming at becoming a professional cyclist, focusing on those aspects instead of working on your power, won't really help you.

Anyway, Specialized did lately some interesting tests. One of them was comparing hairy legs with shaved ones and shaving the legs does actually improve the performance.

PS : Why is this thread in the Professional Road Racing forum?

Do you have a link to the article on Specializes testing? I'd be interested in seeing what sort of differences it made.

The bolded: because the poster is new to the form.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Jspear said:
Do you have a link to the article on Specializes testing? I'd be interested in seeing what sort of differences it made.

The bolded: because the poster is new to the form.

You can find all their videos on Specialized Bicycles channel on Youtube :

https://www.youtube.com/user/specialized411/videos

It's a series of videos called "The win tunnel".
There are some really funny ones, like to beard or not to beard.
And there is even one that answers the OP's question , When is a hairdo a hairdon't

TRENDING THREADS