• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

AFLD: No new cases of doping from 2008 Tour de France

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
because the whole thing is BS....?

im getting kinda bored with the rumours, 10 riders, 15 riders, 40 riders, suspicious values, tests, retests, b samples, non positive results..

sometimes i think the AFLD just like reminding us that they exist....

I agree. They like to throw a little mud around too and don't seem to care where it lands.

Produce or shut up.

Dr. Maserati said:
I much prefer that the AFLD have applied retro testing on suspicious samples and have them turn out negative - as opposed to not retesting samples at all, like the UCI did when they refused the opportunity to retest the Giro 08 samples for CERA.

This is pretty much the positive I'm taking out of this. I wonder if they will come back to these samples when/if they develop tests for the 'undetectables'?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket01 said:
At that time nobody knew there was a test for CERA. If they were going to do anything, CERA would be your bet. I suspect these other riders are clean but had unusual values.

Uhh....no. If you're gonna use anything, use the latest. Not something like CERA that's quite a bit older and has been around for 5 years

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Uhh....no. If you're gonna use anything, use the latest. Not something like CERA that's quite a bit older and has been around for 5 years
+1
Why would you use something that the riders know that can be detected?

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:

Given the reply's on this thread I do wonder at times. :confused: Using epo is daft, but believable. Logistics behind epo, it would seem are cheaper than blood doping and more reliable...take blood out, it has to be replaced by the body, epo you shoot up and your body ups the haematocrit and haemoglobin levels, leaving blood volume relatively untouched. Anyone here know how the epo urine test works? The CERA and Dynepo versions cannot be much different, separate the molecules on an electrode plate so you can distinguish androgenous and exogenous erythropoietin. Simple really. You can have recombinant erythropoietin in your system but not be sanctioned. There are thresholds, benchmarks, like the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio that nabbed Floyd and allowed the radio isotope test. If you are under the threshold, you cannot be sanctioned, but it does not mean you aren't juicing. :D

When any athlete or sportsman/woman says I haven't had a positive, what they really mean is that I have never been sanctioned, ie:gone over the allowable limit. They aren't lying, but unless they say I am not taking anything that is illegal or suspicious then you are hearing and being fed a half-truth. If governing bodies lowered the limits, which they should because rEpo cannot get into your system unless you're using epo (synthetic does not occur naturally), then a lot more athletes/cyclists would be busted. I won't hold my breath. If you have the money and organisational skills you blood dope, if you don't epo is what you'd use for a performance boost.

A

Anonymous

luckyboy said:
This is pretty much the positive I'm taking out of this. I wonder if they will come back to these samples when/if they develop tests for the 'undetectables'?

I feel a Donald Rumsfeld quote coming on...

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Given the reply's on this thread I do wonder at times. :confused:

I don't understand what your gripe with my post is. Please show me. Thank you :) (Also, the plural of "reply" is "replies". "reply's" means "reply is")

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
blaxland said:
so from 2008 tdf all the tested riders where clean?.................wtf?....

i like schumaker's interpretation- this outcome proves he was clean as the test obviously wasn't fully evolved when he sat it- when tests are 'mature' one can pass them because one knows the ropes- another full genius avenue to explore.......

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
schumacher is blowing smoke. it’s very simple to prove.

i. the test method that popped him in 2008 was the same that busted three others who admitted cera use.
ii. the following was not not widely reported: this time afld also tested ricco’s 2008 hot sample along with the 17 negatives. guess what. it came in positive again. turns out 2009 test is as effective as the 2008 test.

Shcumi please stop sticking out your ugly deformed head and just go away.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
python said:
schumacher is blowing smoke. it’s very simple to prove.

i. the test method that popped him in 2008 was the same that busted three others who admitted cera use.
ii. the following was not not widely reported: this time afld also tested ricco’s 2008 hot sample along with the 17 negatives. guess what. it came in positive again. turns out 2009 test is as effective as the 2008 test.

Shcumi please stop sticking out your ugly deformed head and just go away.

+1

Remember this guy was in breaks day after day and beat Cance in the TT's. Right.

**** off dude, your mom can't help you with this one.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
When any athlete or sportsman/woman says I haven't had a positive, what they really mean is that I have never been sanctioned, ie:gone over the allowable limit. They aren't lying, but unless they say I am not taking anything that is illegal or suspicious then you are hearing and being fed a half-truth.

That was LA's tactic for years until the '99 tour positives (never tested positive bla bla bla). Then he changed to outright denial. Gets harder to sleep at night when you're actually lying I'd think.

I'm a big AC fan but he's using the same language.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Is there any reliable test for autologous blood transfusions yet?

Not even an unreliable one. 100% completely undetectable. And arguably the highest performance enhancer of all. No wonder the performances on the climbs are at insanely high levels of power.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
Not even an unreliable one. 100% completely undetectable. And arguably the highest performance enhancer of all. No wonder the performances on the climbs are at insanely high levels of power.

So if you're going to transfuse your own blood, is there some preparation you do before donating to ensure the best "quality" blood for later use?

Are they spinning it in a centrifuge and only using red blood cells?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
So if you're going to transfuse your own blood, is there some preparation you do before donating to ensure the best "quality" blood for later use?

Are they spinning it in a centrifuge and only using red blood cells?
are you physhing or you want to explore some new things in a serious way. i can't quite tell but suspect the former.

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
richwagmn said:
That was LA's tactic for years until the '99 tour positives (never tested positive bla bla bla). Then he changed to outright denial. Gets harder to sleep at night when you're actually lying I'd think.

I'm a big AC fan but he's using the same language.

I think he's always denied. Riis was pretty unique in being so "honest" as to not lie about using doping I think.

TRENDING THREADS