• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

AFLD:Where are the positives?

LA got tested on the 11th and 12th (Morzine & the rest-day). Dim reminding me over Twitter that the AFLD can get someone tested by telling WADA any info they have from the French police & the UCI wouldn't know which rider they were going to test, so they are actual surprise tests.

Lance didn't tweet about being tested on the day after the rest day though, so who knows..

That's pretty much all I've heard about testing so far.

A

Anonymous

the results are normally about 5-6 days after the stages from memory. How long ago were the first mountain stages... if there are any, they must just about be due.

I think a lot of the testing as well will be blood profile related so we may not see results till after the tour when they have 3 week results for riders.

McQuaid has already assured us that there will not be any positives at the Tour for years to come. Don't expect anyone to get caught unless his team forgot to pay its protection money, and in that case the rider will be busted in a race before or after the TdF.

A

Anonymous

There won't be any positives. Pat McQuaid told us this last year.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
McQuaid has already assured us that there will not be any positives at the Tour for years to come. Don't expect anyone to get caught unless his team forgot to pay its protection money, and in that case the rider will be busted in a race before or after the TdF.

Geebus. I'm getting beat to the punch all over the place today.

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
it's ticking
rocket.gif

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
I find it interesting that the French are doing so well - have they not long been considered cleaner (better controls) than the rest, maybe that points to the rest of the peloton being cleaner.

No harm in hoping!

sportzchick said:
X2 plus all of Andy's teammates.......

Why? Are they dragging him over the mountains?
At least the best riders of a team are riding at the front this tour. Not like a Festina or USPS train dropping all the competition.
This could be one reason to presume it a clean TdF. Why all of a sudden they'd ride clean, beats me. Do they in fact fear the WADA involvement? Has the bride system truly collapsed? Or are bribes now only for blackmail regarding attemped bribing, with tests being carried out as should? :)

Astana does look less convincingly clean. Some names, I did not pick up on before. Contador is less dominant though, or he'd put serious time on Andy.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Cloxxki said:
At least the best riders of a team are riding at the front this tour. Not like a Festina or USPS train dropping all the competition.
This could be one reason to presume it a clean TdF. Why all of a sudden they'd ride clean, beats me. Do they in fact fear the WADA involvement? Has the bride system truly collapsed? Or are bribes now only for blackmail regarding attemped bribing, with tests being carried out as should? :)

Astana does look less convincingly clean. Some names, I did not pick up on before. Contador is less dominant though, or he'd put serious time on Andy.

The question is who I want tested NOT who I thought you wanted...I have my reason

Add Drugokorov to that list as well

You know what Im Im not scared to add Cadel to that list too - proving a rider is clean is a better reason that proving a rider is dirty

Cloxxki said:

I would say that Saxo Bank is possibly 'cleaner' in comparison to 2008 for example. Riders such as O'Grady, Voigt and Cancellara don't seem as consistently 'strong' as they were in 2008.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
Bronstein said:
I would say that Saxo Bank is possibly 'cleaner' in comparison to 2008 for example. Riders such as O'Grady, Voigt and Cancellara don't seem as consistently 'strong' as they were in 2008.
too little to late from where I sit......

Bronstein said:
(Navarro and Tiralongo in particular).

Yep. Theyve been going really really well. I never thought their team was going to be poor but theyve been absolutely awesome.

THey single handidly cracked evens, wiggins and a bunch of other team leaders.

Navarro was the only guy to leave the rest of the field with Schleck and Contador on the Madeline for christ sake. He then dropped back as his job was done.

The Real Deal

BANNED
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Bronstein said:

Its quite clear Cancellara is on the juice. Legal juice that is.

Still very effective though.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Real Deal said:
Its quite clear Cancellara is on the juice. Legal juice that is.

Still very effective though.

whatever that motor runs on packs a punch....he was sweating buckets to keep it under control, the huge torque must make it hard to turn in the corners:rolleyes:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
What evidence is there to support the claim that this tour was clean?also other then surprise test's, were the controls any better than before?

TRENDING THREADS