• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

AICAR, Science of Sport, and the birth of Wiggins' Lance Love

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
skippythepinhead said:
there could only be a couple of reasons. One you've mentioned...the other of course being money. If Slater was backed by VC money with plans of stock exchange listing, then he could offer product cheap or enhance relations with small percentage ownership or options.
thanks, fair point.
Occam's razor suggests following the money is simpler than adding drugs to the mix. Not that your ideas are too far-fetched for those who know Motoman, just that lower-hanging fruits are present.
:D

can money explain, though, why 2009 was the year that (a) aicar was introduced into the peloton and (b) the teams Rabobank, CSC and Astana collectively come knocking on Slater's door.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
skippythepinhead said:
there could only be a couple of reasons. One you've mentioned...the other of course being money. If Slater was backed by VC money with plans of stock exchange listing, then he could offer product cheap or enhance relations with small percentage ownership or options.

Occam's razor suggests following the money is simpler than adding drugs to the mix. Not that your ideas are too far-fetched for those who know Motoman, just that lower-hanging fruits are present.
sniper said:
thanks, fair point.

can money explain, though, why 2009 was the year that (a) aicar was introduced into the peloton and (b) the teams Rabobank, CSC and Astana collectively come knocking on Slater's door.

indeed

Tired of feeling Tired?

every Armstrong ground floor deal usually had some VC equity and bonus component. How about when Kona and Ironman triathlon consolidated the races under one banner and one company. Armstrong had (I don't know, just intuition to stress) I am sure Armstrong had a nice deal with bonueses for the parent company and stock options in equity.

FRS new gatorade. yep, he had a share component.

Demand MEdia with Richard Rosenblatt and LivestrongDOT.COM. equity stake.

Trek. I think he held a material amount of stock.

Not with Michelob and Arnheiser Busch or whatever brewer, not with Subaru, not with Nissan, not with Nike, tho he may have been paid in bonuses with shares at some point.
frs-lance-armstrong.jpg

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:
thanks, fair point.

Not necessarily. Also, not yet a "smoking gun." I'm intrigued though and open-minded regarding the possibility you've suggested. I eagerly await further connections being made...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
skippythepinhead said:
Not necessarily. Also, not yet a "smoking gun." I'm intrigued though and open-minded regarding the possibility you've suggested. I eagerly await further connections being made...
somehow, a guy shilling gatorade, i dont buy it that he is mr aicar. I think mr aicar is more like stefan matschiner bernie kohl's manager skulking in the shadows.

are you really touting a gatorade equivalent as a front for your aicar gig, or does your aicar gig lend a validity to your gatorade.

this line on inquiry just seems a tad too tortured alliterationz

bobbins said:
Brad will have known him one way or another for a fair while. He now lives close by, well relatively close by so it isn't at all strange that they are mates or that he would trust him to help with his foundation.

Yup, both movers in the North-West England/Lancashire cycling scene.

As is.....(drum roll).....everyones favourite UCI president Brian Cookson.

Isn't this fun?!

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
somehow, a guy shilling gatorade, i dont buy it that he is mr aicar. I think mr aicar is more like stefan matschiner bernie kohl's manager skulking in the shadows.

are you really touting a gatorade equivalent as a front for your aicar gig, or does your aicar gig lend a validity to your gatorade.

this line on inquiry just seems a tad too tortured alliterationz

Yes. I will be less surprised to find out that Slater is just a sycophantic starhumper who used his product to get and stay close to the objects of his sad, deranged affection and not a drug mule

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
sir fly said:
Should we expect a reliable and sensitive enough test during this season? Is there anyone willing to fund researching?
Can it be introduced by the authorities during the season?
Would be more credible than retro-testing.

Nope.
Nope.
Nope.
Agree.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
indeed

Tired of feeling Tired?

every Armstrong ground floor deal usually had some VC equity and bonus component. How about when Kona and Ironman triathlon consolidated the races under one banner and one company. Armstrong had (I don't know, just intuition to stress) I am sure Armstrong had a nice deal with bonueses for the parent company and stock options in equity.

FRS new gatorade. yep, he had a share component.

Demand MEdia with Richard Rosenblatt and LivestrongDOT.COM. equity stake.

Trek. I think he held a material amount of stock.

Not with Michelob and Arnheiser Busch or whatever brewer, not with Subaru, not with Nissan, not with Nike, tho he may have been paid in bonuses with shares at some point.
frs-lance-armstrong.jpg

I'm so tired of being tired. I need an Ultra.

TRENDING THREADS