• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1100 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
That team can be insane for the TTT.

Contador, rogers, sagan (sprinters are usually really good in TTT), kreuziger in shape, bennati.

Contador has an amazing team for this tour, also 2nd stage will be really risky with the wind. He has prob the best team on the flat. Sagan and Bennati are absolute monsters on it.

And if majka and kreuziger are at their best contador has by far the best team in the mountains.

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:

Contador, rogers, sagan (sprinters are usually really good in TTT), kreuziger in shape, bennati.

Contador has an amazing team for this tour, also 2nd stage will be really risky with the wind. He has prob the best team on the flat. Sagan and Bennati are absolute monsters on it.

And if majka and kreuziger are at their best contador has by far the best team in the mountains.

Kreuziger and Basso were AWOL at the Giro. Kreuziger's been bad since his return to the peloton, and Basso to me clearly looks waaaay over-the-hill, a la Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant and, to a lesser extent, Roger Federer.

Majka, I agree, could be a steller teammate, and if my continued prediction comes true that Contador has zero shot at winning the TDF, due to what the Giro took out of him, maybe Majka can go for the GC. I'm hoping Contador has a flat on the cobbles, loses 12 minutes, abandons, and then does what he should have done all along, win the Vuelta and add to his amazing Grand Tour victory tally.

Re: Re:

ninjadriver said:
Miburo said:

Kreuziger and Basso were AWOL at the Giro. Kreuziger's been bad since his return to the peloton, and Basso to me clearly looks waaaay over-the-hill, a la Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant and, to a lesser extent, Roger Federer.

Majka, I agree, could be a steller teammate, and if my continued prediction comes true that Contador has zero shot at winning the TDF, due to what the Giro took out of him, maybe Majka can go for the GC. I'm hoping Contador has a flat on the cobbles, loses 12 minutes, abandons, and then does what he should have done all along, win the Vuelta and add to his amazing Grand Tour victory tally.

Cavendish has zero chance at winning this Tour. Contador at this point has got more rationally 50/50 odds, which isn't bad considering. Only going into the third week, however, does any likely candidate's odds increase or decrease according to GC position (barring earlier disasters). I can't see Contador's start to the Tour, considering form alone, to justify a disaster scenario, thus your prediction is utter nonesense.

rhubroma said:
ninjadriver said:
Miburo said:

Cavendish has zero chance at winning this Tour. Contador at this point has got more rationally 50/50 odds, which isn't bad considering. Only going into the third week, however, does any likely candidate's odds increase or decrease according to GC position (barring earlier disasters). I can't see Contador's start to the Tour, considering form alone, to justify a disaster scenario, thus your prediction is utter nonesense.

I beg to differ. I think Cav has made great improvements in his climbing and will be a force to be reckoned with. :p

Jspear said:
rhubroma said:
ninjadriver said:
Miburo said:

I beg to differ. I think Cav has made great improvements in his climbing and will be a force to be reckoned with. :p

I know, pretty soon he'll be the last man blown out with 2k to go on the first charge to a MTF. Freekin sensational!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
kreuziger was bad cause he was sick in the last week. If he's in shape he's easily with the 15 best climbers in the tour. If he's in monster shape like 2013 he's with the best 6,7.

Team Yannick ‏@TeamYannick 10h10 hours ago
Alberto Contador is 0,000000000005 km/h too fast and too cool for me.
11381463_799395363501271_1568278599_n.jpg

and nooooo Jesus spotted at Tinkoff Saxo pre Tour training camp :(
Toso there too

LaFlorecita said:
damian13ster said:
LaFlorecita said:
Bennati, Tosatto, Rogers, Kreuziger, Contador, Sagan, Valgren _O_

Not sure what kind of form Kreuziger will arrive in. Still, doesn't leave much room for error. Bodnar would help immensely
But Bodnar is injured.

I am aware of that. Just saying that it is fairly thin team. We will see how they do but with a single mechanical or a rider not being in good shape they might lose time. And I think TTT and cobbles will be absolutely crucial for Contador in TdF

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I kinda hope Hernandez isn't going to the tour...
The best team would imo be something like:
Contador
Sagan
Majka
Rogers
Kiserlovski
Kreuziger
Bennati
Valgren
Tosatto

Kreuziger is a nobrainer. He has to go to France even if he isn't in top shape. He could do a "Majka" and ride into form during the first week.

But there is obviously still a chance that Contador may want certain guys to come with him (Basso, Hernandez or Paulinho) and Tinkov could demand some random Russian in the team (Petrov would be my best bet in that case).
I guess we just have to wait impatiently...

LaFlorecita said:
Team Yannick ‏@TeamYannick 10h10 hours ago
Alberto Contador is 0,000000000005 km/h too fast and too cool for me.
11381463_799395363501271_1568278599_n.jpg

and nooooo Jesus spotted at Tinkoff Saxo pre Tour training camp :(
Toso there too

What, no one measured the diameter of his lower thigh to see if he's lost any weight?? :confused:

Nice socks, I note. ;)

Is Basso at the training camp?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

sacrifice&hardwork said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
Change are (*) this might be the Tour team:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Rafal Majka
Jesus Hernandez
Robert Kiserlovski
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*99%

OK. So with Roman(totally changes things) now being able to ride, the team shall (probably) be:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Roman Kreuziger
Rafal Majka
Robert Kiserlovski*
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*The last spot should be between Jesus Hernandez and Robert Kiserlovski but I'm giving the edge to Robert.

he wasn't that bad in today's stage. So he most likely will make the team. Besides, wasn't he supposed to replace Roche as the new climbing talent?

Jelantik said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
sacrifice&hardwork said:
Change are (*) this might be the Tour team:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Rafal Majka
Jesus Hernandez
Robert Kiserlovski
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*99%

OK. So with Roman(totally changes things) now being able to ride, the team shall (probably) be:

Alberto Contador
Michael Rogers
Sergio Paulinho
Roman Kreuziger
Rafal Majka
Robert Kiserlovski*
Peter Sagan
Daniele Bennati
Michael Valgren

*The last spot should be between Jesus Hernandez and Robert Kiserlovski but I'm giving the edge to Robert.

he wasn't that bad in today's stage. So he most likely will make the team. Besides, wasn't he supposed to replace Roche as the new climbing talent?

Yes that was the whole point of signing Kiserlovski. To help AC in the mountains.

TRENDING THREADS