Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1260 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
No I'm not misreading blurry. He straight up said that nibs and froome were avoiding contador. And it's in character with other ridiculous things he has said.

And doesn't contador every year say he is open to doing the giro. I remember he refused to rule it out in 2011 (for next year) and in 2012 gazzeta even had the rumour that he would be back for 13. Ultimately he always ends up ruling it out in the season.

Same thing froome and Nibali were doing.
You are misreading him if you seriously think he wrote Froome and Nibali should change their schedule to suit Contador.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Moving on

What do you guys think his schedule will be like? I believe he has more or less confirmed Tirreno, Dauphiné, TDF and Olympics. I would not be surprised if he does the exact same races as in 2014 - Algarve, Tirreno, Catalunya, Paisco and Dauphiné. If he could win Pais Vasco again he would become the shared record holder :eek:
Do you think he will also ride the Olympic ITT (not that he would stand a chance of course, just wondering if Spain would go for him or maybe for Castroviejo and Sanchez)
Will he ride La Vuelta? I don't know... :)
+1. In '14 his build up was impressive, at the Dauphine he was clearly above the rest. He was my favorite for the Tour. I would do the exact same program in '16. And no Vuelta. Long trip to scout the Games' course, know it better than anybody, Vino in the sunset :D .
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
infeXio said:
LaFlorecita said:
Moving on

What do you guys think his schedule will be like? I believe he has more or less confirmed Tirreno, Dauphiné, TDF and Olympics. I would not be surprised if he does the exact same races as in 2014 - Algarve, Tirreno, Catalunya, Paisco and Dauphiné. If he could win Pais Vasco again he would become the shared record holder :eek:
Do you think he will also ride the Olympic ITT (not that he would stand a chance of course, just wondering if Spain would go for him or maybe for Castroviejo and Sanchez)
Will he ride La Vuelta? I don't know... :)
Do you have a profile of said TT-course? If the course resembles the one for the road race, surely it wouldn't be wise to count him out just yet.

EDIT: What Carols said.
I found 1 profile but can't copy it because it's in a PDF

it's 2 laps of 29.8km (bit long for Berto) with in each lap 2 "climbs" 1.2km @ 9% and 2.1km @7%. Besides that it's flat :(
You could screenshot it.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
ray j willings said:
The Hitch said:
LaFlorecita said:
dacooley said:
froome is the only guy who can force a tip top bertie to finish in 2nd or 3rd place in the tour and dawg is probably the biggest reason why contador hasn't won anything in the tour since 2010.
Which year, in your opinion, could Contador have won the Tour if not for Froome?
2015. I think if Froome isn't at the Tour Contador goes for the Tour in order to win the Tour rather than settle for a Giro.
You know full well that's Bullsh%% yet you post your comments anyway.
Sorry, just had to come in to correct this inaccurate mind reading attempt. I do not "know full well that's bullsh%%".

Coming from a pov that isnt overwhelmed by emotional bias, that's the opinion I have reached.

Btw. I do observe that despite claiming you are stating "facts", your core arguments you made are hypothetical. That froome wouldnt beat aru in the giro. And that froome wouldn't win the tour If one were to selectively pick out a stage on which he beat Quintana. The first one is not only hypothetical but imo bizzare and has no grounding in reality. The second is a silly premise to begin with and probably false as well.
In all reality how could Froome cope with that Astana machine for 3 weeks when he was struggling to hang onto Thomas's wheel towards the end of week 2? That's answers question 2 as well.
And I also posted"if you care to look a few pages back" exactly what Froome said when the 2015 tour route was announced. If you read it, it confirms that Froome switched his plans to avoid Contador and that is a FACT.
 
Apr 17, 2014
489
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Moving on

What do you guys think his schedule will be like? I believe he has more or less confirmed Tirreno, Dauphiné, TDF and Olympics. I would not be surprised if he does the exact same races as in 2014 - Algarve, Tirreno, Catalunya, Paisco and Dauphiné. If he could win Pais Vasco again he would become the shared record holder :eek:
Do you think he will also ride the Olympic ITT (not that he would stand a chance of course, just wondering if Spain would go for him or maybe for Castroviejo and Sanchez)
Will he ride La Vuelta? I don't know... :)
I expecthe will do exactly the same schedule as 2014, with the Olympics the only major addition.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,845
0
0
Yep, you can upload attachments now. It's the purple box next to options below the textbox. :)

If the image is very large though only parts will be displayed and people will have to scroll across to see all of it. I usually re-size them to 960x640 if they are too big.
 
Re:

Afrank said:
Yep, you can upload attachments now. It's the purple box next to options below the textbox. :)

If the image is very large though only parts will be displayed and people will have to scroll across to see all of it. I usually re-size them to 960x640 if they are too big.
Cool I didn't know that :)
 
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Afrank said:
Yep, you can upload attachments now. It's the purple box next to options below the textbox. :)

If the image is very large though only parts will be displayed and people will have to scroll across to see all of it. I usually re-size them to 960x640 if they are too big.
Cool I didn't know that :)
Just download Gyazo - amazing tool :)
 
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
In all reality how could Froome cope with that Astana machine for 3 weeks when he was struggling to hang onto Thomas's wheel towards the end of week 2? That's answers question 2 as well.
And I also posted"if you care to look a few pages back" exactly what Froome said when the 2015 tour route was announced. If you read it, it confirms that Froome switched his plans to avoid Contador and that is a FACT.
That is true. +1000.
 
Re: Re:

Tonton said:
ray j willings said:
In all reality how could Froome cope with that Astana machine for 3 weeks when he was struggling to hang onto Thomas's wheel towards the end of week 2? That's answers question 2 as well.
And I also posted"if you care to look a few pages back" exactly what Froome said when the 2015 tour route was announced. If you read it, it confirms that Froome switched his plans to avoid Contador and that is a FACT.
That is true. +1000.
Nothing Ray has ever posted about Froome has confirmed what he claims. It is entirely opinion stated as fact. I don't think Contador rode the Giro to avoid Froome and I don't think Froome avoided the Giro to ride the Tour because of Contador.
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re:

Carols said:
Electress I cannot respond to your PM, it says you have Private Messaging disabled!
I know, since I don't really intend to visit frequently, I don't want to be rude and not answer people if they send me a PM. Just forget it - doesn't really matter. I'll probably dip in every now and then when things cool down a bit.
 
Re: Re:

Electress said:
Carols said:
Electress I cannot respond to your PM, it says you have Private Messaging disabled!
I know, since I don't really intend to visit frequently, I don't want to be rude and not answer people if they send me a PM. Just forget it - doesn't really matter. I'll probably dip in every now and then when things cool down a bit.
Well I will miss you since you are such a brilliant poster :(. Don't let the few get you down, they aren't worth it! Just block them out and move on, it really does work :).
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

djpbaltimore said:
Tonton said:
ray j willings said:
In all reality how could Froome cope with that Astana machine for 3 weeks when he was struggling to hang onto Thomas's wheel towards the end of week 2? That's answers question 2 as well.
And I also posted"if you care to look a few pages back" exactly what Froome said when the 2015 tour route was announced. If you read it, it confirms that Froome switched his plans to avoid Contador and that is a FACT.
That is true. +1000.
Nothing Ray has ever posted about Froome has confirmed what he claims. It is entirely opinion stated as fact. I don't think Contador rode the Giro to avoid Froome and I don't think Froome avoided the Giro to ride the Tour because of Contador.
You may be right but when the 2015 tour route was announced [ you can read froomes exact words I posted a few pages back] Froome thought the Giro suited him better as the tour was very mountainous and Giro- Vuelta
double seemed a better option . He also said that" Contador would be favourite to win the tour"
It was not until Contador made his plans clear i.e.the double, then Froome /Sky announced their plans in which Froome did a complete turn around and decided He would just ride the tour.
Make of that what you will.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re:

dusty red roads said:
To be fair on Froome (who I'm not a fan of) - I suspect the decision was made by Sky management for who the Tour is the most important.
Quite possible and it turned out to be a good decision.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS