Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 17, 2012
2,762
0
0
The other rumour was Santander Bank to fund a totally newestablished team which would have Contador in it. I don't think that Santander Bank ever wanted to bring the cash in Saxo Bank. I'm not sure, though.
 
LaFlorecita said:
No. This is not fair. Now everyone can post their Alberto hate in this thread.

Susan told me I could start my own I Love Alberto thread. So that I would post my Alberto nonsense or silliness in it. Now I will continue to spread it across the forum until the thread title will be back to normal. I do not like this at all. Actually I'm extremely angry and I'm almost never angry. Finally there was one thread with only Alberto love without Alberto hate and now you ruined it.
There is a bit of conflict in what one mod/admin instructs of the forum and what ultimately happened. I can understand your dilemma and that of the admin's. Was this your the first thread you ever started?
 
ElChingon said:
LaFlorecita's thread was a whole different thread and you even inspired it and asked for it. If you could not see the difference then well better not post that....
Thank you. :) You understand me. First I could just post everything I love about Alberto in it; articles, interviews, pictures, youtube clips... But now it's just for general discussion. And now we'll get exactly the same arguments as in all those other threads that make me so sad.
 
Angliru said:
There is a bit of conflict in what one mod/admin instructs of the forum and what ultimately happened. I can understand your dilemma and that of the admin's. Was this your the first thread you ever started?
No it isn't the first but that isn't the problem. If Susan thinks this sort of useless threads don't belong here she shouldn't have told me to start one.
 
LaFlorecita said:
Parrulo or Susan please close this thread now.
you seriously need to calm down, this thread won't be closed.

also thank you people for already putting this thread on it's right path.

anyway maybe saxo will stop being a sponsor full stop? they only have a one year contract so at the end of the year the riis sportive organization is free to sign a major sponsor contract with santander which is indeed a gigantic company and would have no problems creating an super strong team around contador and still giving riis the money for him to keep developing young talent from Denmark and all over the world and to have a great classics team like riis always had on his team.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
No it isn't the first but that isn't the problem. If Susan thinks this sort of useless threads don't belong here she shouldn't have told me to start one.
Ummm... she was joking I think.
yet it is a bit difficult to tell when she is joking and when she is not (asides from when she is doing the live commentary)
Anyway even if she wasnt I dont think she envisaged the thread turning out as it has.
 
Sep 1, 2010
907
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
No it isn't the first but that isn't the problem. If Susan thinks this sort of useless threads don't belong here she shouldn't have told me to start one.
It would appear that Susan didn't realise that she was dealing with an immature child who wanted their own 'special little place' on the forum.

If you want to keep things private without any possible negative comments then leave it on your hard drive, if you wish to share then post here and be mature enough to deal with the possible negativity, after all you have no problems with making such comments against other riders.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
Parrulo said:
anyway maybe saxo will stop being a sponsor full stop? they only have a one year contract so at the end of the year the riis sportive organization is free to sign a major sponsor contract with santander which is indeed a gigantic company and would have no problems creating an super strong team around contador and still giving riis the money for him to keep developing young talent from Denmark and all over the world and to have a great classics team like riis always had on his team.
If they are a Spanish bank primarily and even though they are international as well ,why would they tolerate such a focus on Denmark when it is probably meaningless to them?
 
DominicDecoco said:
You know a forum is in pieces when this nonsene keeps getting debated.

Jesus f****** christ.
Yeah because we should all join the debate about Banco Santander :rolleyes: Of course because that's what this thread is now for. For discussing things primarily cycling related and only slightly Alberto related that could be discussed in at least a dozen other threads.
 
Jan 22, 2011
2,843
1
0
Froome19 said:
If they are a Spanish bank primarily and even though they are international as well ,why would they tolerate such a focus on Denmark when it is probably meaningless to them?
Santander should start their own team centered around Alberto and his amigos, while Bjarne should team up with Christina Watches.
 
Parrulo said:
you seriously need to calm down, this thread won't be closed.

also thank you people for already putting this thread on it's right path.

anyway maybe saxo will stop being a sponsor full stop? they only have a one year contract so at the end of the year the riis sportive organization is free to sign a major sponsor contract with santander which is indeed a gigantic company and would have no problems creating an super strong team around contador and still giving riis the money for him to keep developing young talent from Denmark and all over the world and to have a great classics team like riis always had on his team.
At least do me a favour and delete the first 200 posts because they don't belong in a general discussion thread.
 
Sep 1, 2010
907
0
0
Any new team with Contador would still face the UCI points ruling so they'd either have to bring in the necessary riders with points (could be difficult and expensive) or challenge the ruling which could be risky for the basis of a new team/venture.
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Forget Saxobank

My advice to AC is to forget Saxo. I think he has been ill-treated there despite what he thinks. AC is too nice a guy to admit somethings. I did say that he should have left Astana in 2009 after Bruyneel and company left. I remember last TDF, I felt he was abandoned by his team. I still remember when he fell off the bike, his teammates rode past him! They did not come back when they heard he had an issue, I was baffled! This is your team leader! Chris AnkerS was shouting at him one time, RickyP of course had his own agenda. the greatness of this guy AC is that I can hardly recall a time he had a team wholly committed to him and him alone. The 2011 Giro he won on him on and the 2009 and 2010 TDF he won inspite of him team, 2010 Vino had his own agenda and off course we all know about 2009.

AC, this is business, forget sentiment, forget Saxo. I doubt that all the team is keen on you. Plus look at the team this year. Its a B class team! Why would you go there?? If he goes back to Saxo I will be disappointed.
 
Froome19 said:
If they are a Spanish bank primarily and even though they are international as well ,why would they tolerate such a focus on Denmark when it is probably meaningless to them?
maybe contador wants to keep his relationship with riis and having a couple danes on the team is a small price to pay for that.

the history of new teams on their first year isn't exactly full of success, so having an already established organization/team would be better then creating a new one.
 
jilbiker said:
My advice to AC is to forget Saxo. I think he has been ill-treated there despite what he thinks. AC is too nice a guy to admit somethings. I did say that he should have left Astana in 2009 after Bruyneel and company left. I remember last TDF, I felt he was abandoned by his team. I still remember when he fell off the bike, his teammates rode past him! They did not come back when they heard he had an issue, I was baffled! This is your team leader! Chris AnkerS was shouting at him one time, RickyP of course had his own agenda. the greatness of this guy AC is that I can hardly recall a time he had a team wholly committed to him and him alone. The 2011 Giro he won on him on and the 2009 and 2010 TDF he won inspite of him team, 2010 Vino had his own agenda and off course we all know about 2009.

AC, this is business, forget sentiment, forget Saxo. I doubt that all the team is keen on you. Plus look at the team this year. Its a B class team! Why would you go there?? If he goes back to Saxo I will be disappointed.
i don't seem to recall that. :confused:

if contador went to movistar like it has been mentioned before he would have the strongest team in world for GT's working for him.
 
Dec 30, 2011
3,547
0
0
Parrulo said:
i don't seem to recall that. :confused:

if contador went to movistar like it has been mentioned before he would have the strongest team in world for GT's working for him.
RSNTs should be stronger for Andy but it doesnt work out that way.

There is only one place i can see Alberto going besides for Santander/Saxo and that is OPQ they seem really determined to get him and they have a very big budget + a very strong supporting team.
 
Jul 27, 2010
260
0
0
Machu Picchu said:
Any new team with Contador would still face the UCI points ruling so they'd either have to bring in the necessary riders with points (could be difficult and expensive) or challenge the ruling which could be risky for the basis of a new team/venture.
Just by building a strong team headed by Contador, Saxobank or Santandor or whomever will probably be able to be invited to any race they want, so I don't think they should be too worried about not getting a place as a ProTour team.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS