• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1410 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Oh well, so many teams rumored, Etixx, Lampre, whatever. Let Contador go to Efapel, I'd like to see him winning Volta a Portugal, where the field's level may be higher than in the Tour :D
He needs to win the 100th Giro next year.

If (and when:p) he wins the tour this year you do not think he will go for it again? I think the Tour Veulta is open for Contador to do

Scarponi said:
LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Oh well, so many teams rumored, Etixx, Lampre, whatever. Let Contador go to Efapel, I'd like to see him winning Volta a Portugal, where the field's level may be higher than in the Tour :D
He needs to win the 100th Giro next year.

If (and when:p) he wins the tour this year you do not think he will go for it again? I think the Tour Veulta is open for Contador to do
Tour-Vuelta this year, Giro-Vuelta next year :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
If he wins the Tour (which already is done and dusted), he should obviously turn up in 2017 again like a real man and defend his throne.
He is not british :rolleyes:

@Flo
Astana better than Ettix? :eek:
...I would take any another team against this bunch of lunetics (poor Nibs)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
Valv.Piti said:
If he wins the Tour (which already is done and dusted), he should obviously turn up in 2017 again like a real man and defend his throne.

@Flo
? I posted he would be better off in Etixx or Astana than Trek
I know,and I was surprised as Astana staff is full of idiots,the pressure is big from kazakhs etc
I think that Trek is a good choice,mediocre domestics but better managment

ILovecycling said:
LaFlorecita said:
ILovecycling said:
Valv.Piti said:

@Flo
? I posted he would be better off in Etixx or Astana than Trek
I know,and I was surprised as Astana staff is full of idiots,the pressure is big from kazakhs etc
I think that Trek is a good choice,mediocre domestics but better managment

Yes, Trek and Etixx are the best options. Astana would be indeed a disaster.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
10 Days.

alberto-contador-of-spain-and-team-tinkoffsaxo-wearing-the-yellow-picture-id450658536

Because of this stage i'm still convinced that the contador of 2014 was at 2009 level. I've never seen him that good in the dauphine.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Oh what's up new guy? Yea sorry i'm obsessed with the dauphine, i don't even care about the tour atm. I'll need a serious drink if he loses the prologue ;)

Re:

Miburo said:
Oh what's up new guy? Yea sorry i'm obsessed with the dauphine, i don't even care about the tour atm. I'll need a serious drink if he loses the prologue ;)

Dauphine seems hard and it will probably give us very good indication how Contador is feeling. If he wins then it will make waiting tour even harder (the anxiety).
I think that my heart rate might be even higher than some of the riders out there when Contador starts Dauhpine on 5th. :D

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Miburo said:
10 Days.

Because of this stage i'm still convinced that the contador of 2014 was at 2009 level. I've never seen him that good in the dauphine.
Probably thanks to that silly strip stuck on his nose. :rolleyes:

Seriously now, you'd expect cyclists not to fall for quackery like nasal strips or kinesio tape. It's as useful as wearing a crucifix or a cosmic energy pyramid. :rolleyes:

CheckMyPecs said:
Miburo said:
10 Days.

Seriously now, you'd expect cyclists not to fall for quackery like nasal strips or kinesio tape. It's as useful as wearing a crucifix or a cosmic energy pyramid. :rolleyes:
It looks good. Even if only for aesthetics, I respect that!

CheckMyPecs said:
Miburo said:
10 Days.

The NetApp guy wears one too, I don't know why it offends you :confused:

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
The NetApp guy wears one too, I don't know why it offends you :confused:
Exactly, and the NetApp guy looks just as stupid.

We all laugh at The Chicken for going to extreme lengths to save weight, but then we say nothing when other riders stick a chunk of sell-o-tape on their noses?

TRENDING THREADS