• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1450 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Miburo said:
Bloody Henao, already the second time he ruined something for Contador this year :p

Seemed only porte, bardet and froome could follow.

Based on this picture it's obvious though he wasted a lot of energy on the madeleine

So did the others who were following, Contador minimally more than the rest

Obviously this attack will be spun like he did an incredible job to stay with Froome for so long after that effort which none of us even watched. What was his advantage - 15 secs? Come on... ;)

it was a shallow climb, easy to sit on the wheels. Noyer tomorrow is different if they choose to go all out there

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Euh he attacked before too with Aru, then he got caught.

And then he attacked again while Froome could do his tempo following Henao. Of course he spended way more energy.

I think he did fine today and based on pure maths his performance is well on schedule.

In 3 of his 5 dauph he was eh and then great in the tour. In one he was *** in both. And only in one dauphine he was great.

You're an odds guy right? Well i'm following the odds too ;)

Did you watch it? Nah, you didn't. Sure, he most likely spent more energy than the rest probably, but so did Froome on the front in the finale and he still managed to gap Contador rather easily.

It wasn't as bad as yesterday and all things considered, it was a decent ride today, but don't try to spin it to something more. Froome still had much more power in the finale and who knows what would've happened if the climb was harder. It was an easy climb the last 5 kilometres.

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Did you watch it? Nah, you didn't. Sure, he most likely spent more energy than the rest probably, but so did Froome on the front in the finale and he still managed to gap Contador rather easily.

It wasn't as bad as yesterday and all things considered, it was a decent ride today, but don't try to spin it to something more. Froome still had much more power in the finale and who knows what would've happened if the climb was harder. It was an easy climb the last 5 kilometres.

The only moment Froome was on the front was when Martin dropped him otherwise he was always on the wheels. I'm certain that he could have followed him if he didnt attack on Madeleine (big mistake).

Re: Re:

TheYouyou7 said:
Valv.Piti said:

The only moment Froome was on the front was when Martin dropped him otherwise he was always on the wheels.
Then you better watch the finale again

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
TheYouyou7 said:
Valv.Piti said:

The only moment Froome was on the front was when Martin dropped him otherwise he was always on the wheels.
Then you better watch the finale again

Wow ! he led the group for 300m what a brave man it has certainly taken its toll on him !

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
While i only believe Contador has only a very slim chance of beating Froome at the tour he has only lost about 30 seconds on the two mountain stages so it's foolish to completely write him off , especially with a MTT late in the 3rd week where CF tends to struggle .

If i'm Contador and Quintana i'd look to limit the damage in the first two weeks and then go for it any chance i get in the 3rd week when Froome and there team are weaker .

also Contador aside , i don't see Froome in great form at this moment regardless of how people compare him to Alberto

Re:

Miburo said:
Madeleine attack picture, he really gave it his all to get away.

Ckr36yQWUAAdvf5.jpg:large

That's the second attack near the summit. According to the other pictures he couldn't close the gap to Bardet there.

sir fly said:
Forever The Best said:
rick james said:
Forever The Best said:
boasson said:
[quote="
Lol. Froome was the best from all the favourites today, put Time in A.C and Porte only outsprinted by Dan Martin. What about Porte? How are his recovery skills :D

Recovering Problems based on todays stage.... have you seen the last 2 stages of last years dauphine?
Ok we get it,you are from UK,you are a fan of Froome and Sky because of nationalism and you hate Contador.
Also about the last 2 stages of last years Dauphine,he was against TVG ffs :eek:

when all else fails, play that nationality card.
:eek:
How much fans Froome has outside UK?
How much fans Contador has outside Spain?
Come back to me after answering these
And do you know the answer?
Twitter followers,facebook followers,fans on international forums.Enough?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
At the pic i showed he was there, didn't know about other pics. But he prob got reeled in and then Bardet attacked.

At that moment he was cooked, can't blame him

TRENDING THREADS