• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1460 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGmHs8En-P4/?taken-by=acontadoroficial

He is back to training already, I wonder if he's going to Livigno in the Dolomites like in 2014, hope so.

Putting the Cherries on the cake !

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

TheYouyou7 said:
I dont know why you think that CF will improve his form, he will be at the same level at TDF.

CF will improve his form as usual, but if AC hits top form it shouldn't be a problem.

This Dauphiné doesn't mean much, it just puts AC out of the favourite role in a lot of minds because he got dropped so it's even more reminiscing of 2013 and Tour 15'. No big deal.

I said a few months ago that CF is always gonna have the edge at the Dauphiné for many reasons, it's just the prologue that was kind of deceiving so we expected more from AC .

I'm always a day or two behind on watching races, but here's my 2 cents on Contador and the Dauphine.

Contador looks like he has a stronger aerobic engine than Froome, whereas Froome has a better anaerobic engine. The prologue allowed Contador to pace himself and not go too deep unless he wanted to. This also gives him an advantage when the climbs are steeper. Steep climbs negate attacking since you can't recover from the effort. Contador was able to grind away on Stage 7 and really put the hurt into Sky and push Froome in an environment where Froome couldn't just full gas attack.

Contador also looked better over every day in the mountains. Stage 5 he popped, stage 6 he rode his own pace and got dropped, stage 7 he really pushed Sky and Froome, and Contador never looked to be in trouble.

The Tour plays more into the strengths of Froome, but I think Contador is on the right trajectory to really challenge for the win.

And finally, 2014 still hurts.

Re: Re:

Carols said:
Matteo. said:
ad9898 said:
I'm still thinking Contador and win the Tour. He seems pretty bullish that the Dauphine was a training ground to get his racing legs, he seems happy regardless of the result. My concern is the team, his team is utterly useless, they can't protect him, they can't cover attacks as they are not there. Sky are going to be monstrous...Landa. Thomas, Heneo etc. That's the tough part as Alberto really is going to need Giro '11 form
meh, the team seems pretty good.
Hansen, Kreuz, Kiser, did a good job in mountains in this Dauphinè. Same for Valgren in the flat, i saw him really good. We await Majka, and the Tour mountains squad looks complete and solid. All you need is another man more for the flat to help him and Sagan, probably Tosatto given that Bennati isn't ready

And there is no way that bunch will decimate Sky's train. It's a good team, but not in the same league with Sky. But Sky could falter, its been know to happen :).

name by name are stronger on paper. But yesterday we saw that does not seem unbeatable: in a kilometer Alberto destroyed the train

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdpuWu3oB-g

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

BlurryVII said:
Great post, yeah still not over the Tour 14', it will always hurt until he wins the Tour.

Not even if Emma Watson haD a twinsister and both come over to my house, not even then i'll get over it.

Not just as a Contador fan, it would have been the greatest tour of this century if both Contador and Froome didn't crash out.

The man wasn't even hurting when he rode Nibali off his wheel, he was just calmly accelerating. At that point i think he knew he had the tour in the bag. Been ages since i've seen that kinda face on Contador.

Might aswell accept that i'll never get over it. I still hope Emma Watson is gonna come over though

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
And the route of the tour 2014 was great aswell, for tour standards at least.

It's pretty much impossible to get the big 4 all in top shape in it withouth any crashes. Last year no crashes but only 2 were in top shape

Miburo said:
BlurryVII said:
Great post, yeah still not over the Tour 14', it will always hurt until he wins the Tour.

Not even if Emma Watson haD a twinsister and both come over to my house, not even then i'll get over it.

Not just as a Contador fan, it would have been the greatest tour of this century if both Contador and Froome didn't crash out.

The man wasn't even hurting when he rode Nibali off his wheel, he was just calmly accelerating. At that point i think he knew he had the tour in the bag. Been ages since i've seen that kinda face on Contador.

Might aswell accept that i'll never get over it. I still hope Emma Watson is gonna come over though

Watson is overrated anyway

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Wowowow, she's not overrated. Don't you dare talk *** about Emma Watson. She's perfect, an absolute godess. She just needs to be quiet with all her feminist ***, that's all

Red Rick said:
LaFlorecita said:
Red Rick said:
Aight, nats are up next?
Yepp
Doubt he'll be able to do something there though :p especially against the entire Movistar and Caja Rural squads

Well, he'll be able to satisfy all those who like watching his attacks get reeled in and then silently nod and say, this **** is getting old, he needs a different game plan :eek:
He needs to team up with Purito and Lulu :D

TRENDING THREADS