• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1480 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
To hype the hype train I think that Alberto can really count on Roman this year...actually he looks in monster shape (only visualy ofc)

MT26435b4_48BrychtaJan_MSR_Kyjov_20160626_1245.jpg

:eek:

The story is that Sagan wanted a rider on the team (presumably Bodnar) so Alberto had to choose between Hansen and Paulinho even though he wanted both. In the end he chose Paulinho.
I've heard there will be no Russian on the team - very surprising, not sure if it's actually true. And if Tosatto on the team is true as well, I expect this to be the line-up
Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Paulinho
Valgren
Tosatto
Bodnar
In which case it's probably good they left Hansen at home instead of Bodnar, I wouldn't feel comfortable with just 2 flat domestiques. Although it would have been better to take Hansen instead of Paulinho of course.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gatto was the rider Sagan demanded either, he would be less useful to pull for long distances on the flat, but he's better in the hills and could also lead out Sagan.

Hmm ok. That sounds plausible, but I think Gatto will be going as Sagan's sole domestique. In that case, I assume Bodnar is out? Valgren surely shouldn't be omitted, he seems in monster shape at the moment (yeah, I know the danish nationals sucks, but..), but what were the rumblings about Tosatto not being ready.. sickness, bad prep, too old?

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
The story is that Sagan wanted a rider on the team (presumably Bodnar) so Alberto had to choose between Hansen and Paulinho even though he wanted both. In the end he chose Paulinho.
I've heard there will be no Russian on the team - very surprising, not sure if it's actually true. And if Tosatto on the team is true as well, I expect this to be the line-up
Contador
Sagan
Majka
Kreuziger
Kiserlovski
Paulinho
Valgren
Tosatto
Bodnar
In which case it's probably good they left Hansen at home instead of Bodnar, I wouldn't feel comfortable with just 2 flat domestiques. Although it would have been better to take Hansen instead of Paulinho of course.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gatto was the rider Sagan demanded either, he would be less useful to pull for long distances on the flat, but he's better in the hills and could also lead out Sagan.
That story and selection doesn't sound good to me.
Sagan can have a say when the classics are in question. With all due respect, no matter how strong Green jersey contender is, if you have a multiple GT winner in the team - everything should be subordinated to him. Especially if it's final season of the team... No danger of legal actions 'cause someone's feelings or vanity's hurt. The business is ending and it's all about glory.

I think the chance is very small, very small that it will make a big difference. Kreuziger and Majka will be there. If he's the best, he only needs to counter Froome or Quintana. There's a very, very fine line where he doesn't get dropped but has no chance in hell on the finishing climbs alone.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Hmm ok. That sounds plausible, but I think Gatto will be going as Sagan's sole domestique. In that case, I assume Bodnar is out? Valgren surely shouldn't be omitted, he seems in monster shape at the moment (yeah, I know the danish nationals sucks, but..), but what were the rumblings about Tosatto not being ready.. sickness, bad prep, too old?
Tinkoff posted an article on their website two weeks ago which said Tosatto, Gatto and several others would be in Livigno for a training camp in July. Which is why many people assumed they were ruled out for the Tour. But now it seems that is not the case.
We will see today :)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know what Alberto has been up to past few days? He's been quiet on social media. I guess nursing his cold...
I hope he's been getting in some quality training to take him to the next level.

IMA

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Alberto has been seen in Pinto and in Cotos, Morcuera, Navacerrada....training all over that area since last Saturday.

Last photo posted on Instagram was taken in Navacerrada.

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the updates on his whereabouts. By the way, where did you see that?
I remember he trained in that area in the week before the 2014 Vuelta. Maybe he considers it his lucky training ground..

TRENDING THREADS