• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 1744 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
lenric said:
Obviously normal why Tinkov got frustrated with Contador, though lacking the education and finess to demonstrate it.
This isn't a matter of luck, unless for fanboys. Out of all the top-10 GT contenders, he's the one who has fallen off of his bike the most during the last years.
Then he should have invested in some bike handling training or a sports psychologist instead of whining on social media.

No, he was the owner of the team, but that doesn't mean he owned the ass of every single rider of Tinkoff. It was Alberto's responsability to improve his bike handling skills/positioning skills/whatever.
In the same way, it was Tinkov's responsability not to whine in the social media.

No he was behind the crash

C8vXwjZXcAMPi8R.jpg

He didn't crash at the end lol

Anyway I can't see him winning, he doesn't look good and riders like Roglic, Henao, Valverde all do look really good. It seems like he himself also feels it, everytime they show him he's at the back and he hasn't closed down a single attack. Today's crash was just the death blow for his ambitions, I guess.

Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Do you guys think Contador faked a puncture/mechanical?
Does anyone no think that? :lol:
I dno, I just realised that likely was the most plausible considering everything. Considering how strict they were with the rules when Alaphilippe punctured...

Edit: And why in the world would you change bikes with 400 metres to go apart from persuading the jury to believe it was a puncture.

Valv.Piti said:
Gigs_98 said:
Valv.Piti said:
Do you guys think Contador faked a puncture/mechanical?
Does anyone no think that? :lol:
I dno, I just realised that likely was the most plausible considering everything. Considering how strict they were with the rules when Alaphilippe punctured...

Edit: And why in the world would you change bikes with 400 metres to go apart from persuading the jury to believe it was a puncture.

Putting on tin foil hat.......

LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
OTOH if you truly have a puncture, you could ride on but you'll slow down and inevitably lose time, and good luck convincing the jury you suffered a puncture afterwards.
Well it would be pretty obvious also if you are riding on a flat ring, everybody can see that

Valv.Piti said:
LaFlorecita said:
Valv.Piti said:
OTOH if you truly have a puncture, you could ride on but you'll slow down and inevitably lose time, and good luck convincing the jury you suffered a puncture afterwards.
Well it would be pretty obvious also if you are riding on a flat ring, everybody can see that
Yet one of the arguments the jury gave for not giving Alaphilippe s.t. was that he didn't clearly show he had an issue :Neutral: