• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 33 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Forunculo said:
20, 12 and 8 like Giro but for all stages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_jnzynUECg

There are like 4 or 5 climbs like Mende from Tour 2010, or Mur d'Bretagne from Tour 2011 and Purito involved and perhaps an in form Gilbert:cool:

Mirador de Ezaro for example
mirador_de_ezaro.png

Yes I checked out the vuelta site a while ago... I counted 8 uphill finishes I think. And Bola del Mundo and Cuitu Negru will be so awesome. :cool:

dlwssonic said:
haha a week or so ago you were so depressed about contador not doing well in the vuelta.:eek:

Tehe that's why I posted I am full of confidence, I was depressed a while ago but now not anymore, people have talked to me and I see now that Alberto will be awesome, besides Andy will never be on top form after not riding a bike for 4-6 weeks.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Tehe that's why I posted I am full of confidence, I was depressed a while ago but now not anymore, people have talked to me and I see now that Alberto will be awesome, besides Andy will never be on top form after not riding a bike for 4-6 weeks.

duh......
I wanna see andy on form to see a real competition but its not going to happen I think.
Contador is obviously going to win the vuelta unless something bad happens.

LaFlorecita said:
Yeah I'm trying to ignore the title change :mad:

Are you going to be at the vuelta? Can we look forward to seeing you at the side of the road on one of these MTF's going cuckoo for cocoa puff's along with a bunch of other raving yahoo's !!??? You need to carry a sign or something so we can spot you. Do you have any AC apparel off of his website so we can look for someone wearing that!!? :) Don't give him a helping push, no matter how badly you want to get your hands on him!!! ;)

ggusta said:
Are you going to be at the vuelta? Can we look forward to seeing you at the side of the road on one of these MTF's going cuckoo for cocoa puff's along with a bunch of other raving yahoo's !!??? You need to carry a sign or something so we can spot you. Do you have any AC apparel off of his website so we can look for someone wearing that!!? :) Don't give him a helping push, no matter how badly you want to get your hands on him!!! ;)

Aw all that won't happen, I won't go to vuelta even though I'd love to, but I spent all money on holiday to far away, so no more money, I am a poor student after all :cool:

LaFlorecita said:
I will post here what I think should be The Great One's team for Vuelta, I also posted it on velorooms so I hope I can remember:

Alberto
Jesus
Dani
Noval
Pires
Majka
Roberts
Tosatto
N Sorensen.

This is what I think/hope.

No no no I read in Schleck thread N Sorensen wants to ride for Andy again, so no Nicki in Vuelta team, will have to think about a substitute.