• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 414 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ThirdWorld said:
Just see another part of the stage 9, how the f%ck valverde and froome was alone and alberto contador and saxo bank chasing behind?!?!!?

The video did not show what happened and I did not have time to read the thread of the stage... in one instante saxo was at the front.. in the other.. valverde is ahead with froome...

Can someone tell what happened!?

Full description and pictures:
http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?p=1290139#post1290139

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Cimber said:
Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov 1h
I'm going to buy a dog,name it Froome,and will beat him up every morning and evening.Then will keep him out of food for 3 weeks.Revenge #Tdf

That's why I stopped turn on PC when I'm drunk. I never wrote such a things, but I read interesting thoughts from myself next day. Oleg should do the same. I used to like Froome, now I don't but that's too much.

Zam_Olyas said:
I think tinkov's twitter has been hacked.

he makes the same trolling messages since the beginning of his account. and probably since birth...he's just legendary tinkov, no hacked

lol

BO6tyxGCQAAPh8B.jpg

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Cimber said:
Oleg Tinkov ‏@olegtinkov 1h
I'm going to buy a dog,name it Froome,and will beat him up every morning and evening.Then will keep him out of food for 3 weeks.Revenge #Tdf

I realize that Tinkov means this tweet as just a joke, but I got to say, it's really a pretty stupid thing to say. I find it in poor taste. The guy needs to grow some brains, he clearly has none.

This is a bad time to be a Contador fanboy, but even on the dark times, when Sky is ruling everything and Froome is probably winning every single mountain stage he wants, remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLGtG_yQzo

Regardless of how many Tours Froome wins or how many times Contador gets dropped by Porte, just remember that none of them has the talent, souplesse and elegance that Velasco has shown time and time again on a bike.

Neither Porte, Froome or Wiggins will ever leave great memories like this.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
trevim said:
This is a bad time to be a Contador fanboy, but even on the dark times, when Sky is ruling everything and Froome is probably winning every single mountain stage he wants, remember this:

Regardless of how many Tours Froome wins or how many times Contador gets dropped by Porte, just remember that none of them has the talent, souplesse and elegance that Velasco has shown time and time again on a bike.

great memory indeed. But that was 2 years ago :D. Sunday, Contador will have a date with his destiny. I have no high expectation, but seeing him fighting would be enough to cheer him on. GO BERTIEEEEE....!!!!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
vcampbell said:
Why should Froome chase Hesjedal? The Canadian was already at 8 mins in the GC. They were at the front to drop Porte.

he chased everyone who rides away from him. *dunno why. maybe he likes to stretch his leg just because* That would be his downfall if he keeps doing that in the next mountain.

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Jelantik said:
great memory indeed. But that was 2 years ago :D. Sunday, Contador will have a date with his destiny. I have no high expectation, but seeing him fighting would be enough to cheer him on. GO BERTIEEEEE....!!!!!

What a thoroughbred on the bike. Brought a tear to my eye. Go Contador!!!

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
trevim said:

Froome looks like a drunk donkey on a bike, with his head glued to his power meter, take it away and he would blow up after AC´s third attack.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
i'm having a hard time to read contador. If I'm not mistaken, few days ago, he seemed to be down beat, almost like he is switching off. Now reading his comment today, it's totally different.

read his comment here, this is not what we heard few days ago from him. Not that I'm complaining, but is he bluffing in the prior week? or he is starting to feel better now?

http://deportes.terra.es/ciclismo/a...10223961c5ecf310VgnVCM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

Jelantik said:
i'm having a hard time to read contador. If I'm not mistaken, few days ago, he seemed to be down beat, almost like he is switching off. Now reading his comment today, it's totally different.

read his comment here, this is not what we heard few days ago from him. Not that I'm complaining, but is he bluffing in the prior week? or he is starting to feel better now?

http://deportes.terra.es/ciclismo/a...10223961c5ecf310VgnVCM20000099cceb0aRCRD.html

Maybe his legs are feeling better?????

Mindset of a Great Champion; hope his legs cooperate!!!

Jelantik said:

Actually I think he's been pretty consistent with his outlook, in that, he thinks he is improving and hopes to be good in the Alps. I think the article Paurrlo (sp) posted the other days was misconstrued to make it sound like he was down, but it seemed the opposite of everything he had said the day before at his rest day press conference. The kid is a fighter and believes in himself. That's enough for me :D

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just been reading back a few pages and I seriously don't get people saying Froome is not exciting, are you for real? he is no Wiggins lol

Personal attack redacted. Play the pelota not the (wo)man.
Cheers
Bison
P.S. not a pro Contador mod.
P.P.S. not on topic either. If you want a ban just let me know, I'm happy to oblige

TRENDING THREADS