Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 510 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Waiting for the first race photos to get a better idea of his actual level of fitness ...and him backtracking on his earlier comments on wanting to win a stage race as soon as possible. You know it's coming.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he won on Malhao, though. You know he wants it BAD and the only top climber in the race is Young Chris who's probably not in great shape, either.
 
Aug 16, 2011
10,821
1
0
Your never going to be able to figure out his fitness by just looking at photos of him. It's a mystery to me how the conclusion can be drawn that he's in bad shape, or that he's gained weight, or lost muscle in his legs by looking at a photo of him in a baggy jersey where the few uncovered parts of is body are shaded by shadow.

Wait for the actual racing to begin and see how he does. We can scour through million of photos of now and back then trying to determine every minuscule detail of how his body has changed, but in the end we can't really know his fitness until we actually see him race.
 
Afrank said:
Your never going to be able to figure out his fitness by just looking at photos of him. It's a mystery to me how the conclusion can be drawn that he's in bad shape, or that he's gained weight, or lost muscle in his legs by looking at a photo of him in a baggy jersey where the few uncovered parts of is body are shaded by shadow.

Wait for the actual racing to begin and see how he does. We can scour through million of photos of now and back then trying to determine every minuscule detail of how his body has changed, but in the end we can't really know his fitness until we actually see him race.
This. Soon we will have the answer!
 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
Maybe it´s just me getting old, but to me it looks like the Tinkoff-Saxo boys are in far better shape this early than they used to be.
As someone said, you cant judge completely out from a photo, but you can judge something and it just seems to me they all look better, slimmer and more fit than the last couple of years.

CAS here almost look like TdF shaped. (I can always tell by looking at the legs)

 
Butterhead said:
Maybe it´s just me getting old, but to me it looks like the Tinkoff-Saxo boys are in far better shape this early than they used to be.
As someone said, you cant judge completely out from a photo, but you can judge something and it just seems to me they all look better, slimmer and more fit than the last couple of years.

CAS here almost look like TdF shaped. (I can always tell my looking at the legs)

Probably Giro shaped, but yes:)
http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/chris_anker_turen_gaar_til_giroen/

Would asume that a lot of guys on the team, will need to deliver more this year, otherwise they will be gone next year, since Tinkoff is now in charge.
 
Vino attacks everyone said:
Is it me or does it look like he has lost some muscle mass in his legs over the years?
It's hard to tell. In the most recent photo, he's standing holding his bikes. In the others his muscles are under stress and thus showing more definition. As I've understood it (based on comments from his masseuse), that he has very supple muscles, not hard and defined, which aids in his recovery. I don't not recall him looking super defined while standing off the bike. My $0.02 ;)
 
Publicus said:
It's hard to tell. In the most recent photo, he's standing holding his bikes. In the others his muscles are under stress and thus showing more definition. As I've understood it (based on comments from his masseuse), that he has very supple muscles, not hard and defined, which aids in his recovery. I don't not recall him looking super defined while standing off the bike. My $0.02 ;)
Yes http://astanafans.com/alberto-contador-a-soigneurs-eye-view.html

Very nice interview by the way :)
 
the power of a cyclist is in the blood and in his brain

but yes, obviously alberto doesn't look to have the same muscle definition, ready to explode under his suit type of muscles after the comeback. not even close the level of fitness of back then. who knows, maybe it won't matter




 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
Parrulo said:
Apparently moses has been around Roche's abs. . .


Also Kreuziger has the ugliest looking quads of all time :eek:
I think Froome beats anything I have ever seen, to be honest, he looks like a freak. Kreuziger comes nowhere near that.
 
Butterhead said:
I think Froome beats anything I have ever seen, to be honest, he looks like a freak. Kreuziger comes nowhere near that.
in my opinion, froome, wiggins and riis are the fittest cyclists probably ever in history. coppi comes close too

check riis . two V8 engines, turbocharged under a body of buggati cecchini veyron




wiggins not bad either :p

 
Gee how ****ed up is cycling if Froome and Wiggins are classed as fit. They're anorexic. That is NOT fit. But if any of you wish to discuss rider fitness any further, please do it somewhere else and not in the Alberto Contador discussion thread (note not rider fitness discussion thread)
 

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
938
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
With pictures of Wiggins and Froome :(

I am getting tired of discussing how Berto will do, I will take the wait and see approach :p
Don´t worry, soon you will know, I promise you, no matter what anybody says, Algarve will be a big tell for the rest of the season, despite july is 5 months away. ;)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY