Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 508 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
5,361
0
0
Afrank said:
He's looking to get a hint of what Contador's form is. Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...

:D
that's because now Bjarne doesn't have to worry about money anymore, he got plenty of time to plant seed of jedi mind trick :D:D

Anyway, I heard more about contador on the news than froome this year, which is to me interesting. Last year the media was so big talking about wiggins as the TDF champs. So I expect to hear news a lot about Froome this year. Well, .. cricket! I guess you and I will see how Froome starts his oman and how Contador starts his Algarve. So far nibali is still ... *cricket*. Also I can't help to notice that Roman looks a lot more ready :). I'm looking forward to see how he fares with Froome in Oman.
 

baraba

BANNED
Jan 17, 2014
16
0
0
jens_attacks said:
Wrong PR approach in my opinion.
An effort to show the team in a way that has never been related to them.
Riis and his previous teams have always been business, discipline, hierarchy... Not fun.
That's why Contador has fitted in so easily and fans accepted the joining like natural thing.
Other teams and riders are known for having fun.

Tinkov obviously wants a new image of his team.
 
baraba said:
Wrong PR approach in my opinion.
An effort to show the team in a way that has never been related to them.
Riis and his previous teams have always been business, discipline, hierarchy... Not fun.
That's why Contador has fitted in so easily and fans accepted the joining like natural thing.
Other teams and riders are known for having fun.

Tinkov obviously wants a new image of his team.
You might want to re-watch some of the training camps with BS.
 
baraba said:
Wrong PR approach in my opinion.
An effort to show the team in a way that has never been related to them.
Riis and his previous teams have always been business, discipline, hierarchy... Not fun.
That's why Contador has fitted in so easily and fans accepted the joining like natural thing.
Other teams and riders are known for having fun.

Tinkov obviously wants a new image of his team.
My impression has always been that the team is a fun, laid back group of guys. Lots of fun stuff going on. And that is also why I think Contador fitted in so well after the Schleck/Leopard debacle, because the team wasn't all too serious. Clearly you had a different idea.
 
LaFlorecita said:
My impression has always been that the team is a fun, laid back group of guys. Lots of fun stuff going on. And that is also why I think Contador fitted in so well after the Schleck/Leopard debacle, because the team wasn't all too serious. Clearly you had a different idea.
It is obvious that he needs the strict regime of Astana to win the tour :p
 

baraba

BANNED
Jan 17, 2014
16
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
My impression has always been that the team is a fun, laid back group of guys. Lots of fun stuff going on. And that is also why I think Contador fitted in so well after the Schleck/Leopard debacle, because the team wasn't all too serious. Clearly you had a different idea.
That's your impression, naturally.
When you like something, you make of it what you would like it to be, besides what it really is.
"Laid back" is really the last thing someone could say for Contador.
Also, easy-going, relaxed managing style is something you can't connect with Riis.
This is Tinkov's business campaign. OGE success impressed him, it seems.
 
baraba said:
That's your impression, naturally.
When you like something, you make of it what you would like it to be, besides what it really is.
"Laid back" is really the last thing someone could say for Contador.
Also, easy-going, relaxed managing style is something you can't connect with Riis.
This is Tinkov's business campaign. OGE success impressed him, it seems.
Uh no. Get to know the team and the riders before judging please. Do you read their daily banter on twitter? Do you watch videos of training camps? Do you read stories from insiders? I bet you don't. So don't judge.

You say "other teams and riders are known for having fun". Well guess what Saxo riders have fun too. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not true.

What you just saw are images from their training camp. There are plenty more. Are you trying to say it's all staged? If you are, you're pretty desperate.
 

baraba

BANNED
Jan 17, 2014
16
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Uh no. Get to know the team and the riders before judging please. Do you read their daily banter on twitter? Do you watch videos of training camps? Do you read stories from insiders? I bet you don't. So don't judge.

You say "other teams and riders are known for having fun". Well guess what Saxo riders have fun too. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not true.

What you just saw are images from their training camp. There are plenty more. Are you trying to say it's all staged? If you are, you're pretty desperate.
O.K.
That's where our discussion ends.
If you're not able to restrain yourself of insults when you don't agree with someone's opinion, you're seriously biased and not worth of attention and respect.
 
baraba said:
That's your impression, naturally.
When you like something, you make of it what you would like it to be, besides what it really is.
"Laid back" is really the last thing someone could say for Contador.
Also, easy-going, relaxed managing style is something you can't connect with Riis.
This is Tinkov's business campaign. OGE success impressed him, it seems.
The same goes for when you don't like something, and all of this could be applied to your opinion too.
 
baraba said:
O.K.
That's where our discussion ends.
If you're not able to restrain yourself of insults when you don't agree with someone's opinion, you're seriously biased and not worth of attention and respect.
Learn to read, I did not call you desperate. I said that IF you believe it's all staged, you're desperate. Of course it's up for discussion if it's even an insult. I would think of it as just as insulting as calling someone "not worth of respect".

But why don't you show us any evidence that this is all just PR by Tinkov? If you're so sure. :eek:

(Don't forget this is a show by Eurosport, not something produced by the team itself)
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Just shocked that this team is wasting money on a training camp when they're going to get smoked by Sky(and others) all year long :D
 

baraba

BANNED
Jan 17, 2014
16
0
0
Netserk said:
@baraba

How would you characterize the training camps with B.S. Christiansen?
A team building conceptualized around military discourse sends a clear PR message. No matter how protagonists behave.
And that's the problem with the latest PR approach - we have well known, already established, characters, built through the years and situations, who should now play something they've never played and, even worse, never were.
As if you'd to put Marlon Brando in a Peter Sellers' movie. It simply doesn't fit.
 
baraba said:
A team building conceptualized around military discourse sends a clear PR message. No matter how protagonists behave.
And that's the problem with the latest PR approach - we have well known, already established, characters, built through the years and situations, who should now play something they've never played and, even worse, never were.
As if you'd to put Marlon Brando in a Peter Sellers' movie. It simply doesn't fit.
Riis stopped with the survival training camps and started the fun camps at the end of 2010. Did you know that?

You're saying they're playing characters and as a fan of the riders I find that very offensive.
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
LaFlorecita said:
Contador has been on training camp in Tenerife since 20 January :eek: sky training ground :eek: but it seems Sky have found new places like Mallorca and Africa :rolleyes:
Africa, you know what that means!!!!!:D
 
baraba said:
What did I get wrong?
It wasn't a military discourse?
Well, they should point out the Top Secret! aspect a little better.
They were first and foremost about team work. One for all, and all for one. Communication. Not being macho, but able to express oneself to the others on the team honestly.

...

Do you even know what philosophy and values Bjarne founded the team on?

...

I'd love if you stayed around here a little longer, or came back again, so you'd be able to educate yourself :)
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY