• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 511 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
wiggins not bad either :p

tdf12-st19-bradley-wiggins-joy-3_2799332.jpg

THIS. Bumble bee attacked!
*sorry laFlo can't help it.*:D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
well same tune as last year. Don't expect too much then? *I was hoping it would be the opposite*

"It will be my first race and there will be riders who have much more race speed than I have. The goal is to accumulate racing kilometres and look forward to the next races, Tirreno-Adriatico, Volta a Catalunya and the Vuelta al Pais Vasco."

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/contador_ready_for_first_race_with_modest_ambitions/

Froome already stated his intent to win in Oman on his first race

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/chris-froome-ready-defend-tour-oman-title-114984

and he missed alberto
"I would have loved to see him here but it doesn't change much and I am not going to prepare anything differently because he (Contador) is not there," he said

http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-29957.aspx

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Jelantik said:
well same tune as last year. Don't expect too much then? *I was hoping it would be the opposite*

"It will be my first race and there will be riders who have much more race speed than I have. The goal is to accumulate racing kilometres and look forward to the next races, Tirreno-Adriatico, Volta a Catalunya and the Vuelta al Pais Vasco."

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/contador_ready_for_first_race_with_modest_ambitions/

Actually it's normally a good thing when he downplays his form. He did that prior to Giro11 and pretty sure before Tour 2010 as well, of I remember correctly

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if tomorrow stage's algarve will be broadcast? or does this race has no live stream whatsoever...??? :( So no ways of seeing contador's form on display?

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I hope this time he'll back it up with his form. Not just hype. Kwiat won the second stage. Still waiting to hear how his form is going *no stream sucks*

Yeah,I believe he can win Tour again but he has to prove it early season, after cataluna it should be clear.If his results will be bad then ,only who can stop Froome are cobbles and nibbles :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Vino attacks everyone said:
I have hopes that he has improved in the long mountains as he said in the article. If not, it seems that Nibali will have to attack alonethis July :eek:
Well Valverde will be there ofc :D

Valverde should do Skygate 2.0 in stage five,then he can win le Tour!:D
Im really dont know what to expect from nibbles btw
...but thats off topic

IMO this year is the same story than last year with him. He is not going to be worse, maybe he can even improve, but he is not going to be really better.

He said today is a good result to be the second day of race of the year.

And that is true, he has been 3rd, and Kiatlowski and Rui Costa have race more this year already.

But he must say: before my santion time I used to came here and win easyly in my first day, even when I had said I didnt want to win or I was still out out shape. etc...as Valverde did today...but now things are different.. I am up there, but similar o worse to others...

But there will be again speculation about his real form, and about he is waiting for the Tour, where he will be contender, but maybe again not the best of the team, and not among the top strongest riders.

Last year one of the ITT was good for him... the team did a big TTT...a nd he was regular all the Tour, with an strong team, and even Nieve helped him...but he wanst on of the strongers riders.

He will have more options in the Vuelta, he can put time on Purito in the ITT, but, dificult to beat him or another riders.

But it is just my opinion, I hope he can perform according his hight payment.

TRENDING THREADS