• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 506 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Arnout said:
Wearing helmet uphill is as useless as asking the pope to marry.

True but that's not the point of it, the point is that at mtf the most people are watching and it would be a bad example for kids to not hear a helmet.

They would copy those riders and not wear a helmet, at least i think that's the point.

Contador did not have the best junior/U23 career of all time and therefore one can say that a guy like Valverde is more talented than him, but I couldnt see the talent that Dawg possesses while he was giving his bike to 3rd rate sprinters or kicked out of Giro because of holding on to motos.

Oh wait, he won that jockstrap race and placed like 25th on the world U23 TT championships, he must have been really talented

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
BfewUvMIMAANsCO.jpg

No helmet :eek: he must've read Ryo's post :rolleyes: careful :eek:

Nice Picture. He doesnt look super lean though.

And yes I miess MTFs with no helmets

burning said:
Contador did not have the best junior/U23 career of all time and therefore one can say that a guy like Valverde is more talented than him, but I couldnt see the talent that Dawg possesses while he was giving his bike to 3rd rate sprinters or kicked out of Giro because of holding on to motos.

Oh wait, he won that jockstrap race and placed like 25th on the world U23 TT championships, he must have been really talented

Contador didn't win much when he was young, according to his coach because he always attacked at the wrong time :p he won 15 mountain prizes though and was known as a very talented climber. After 12 years he still holds the record time up the Subida a Gorla. :)

Miburo said:
True but that's not the point of it, the point is that at mtf the most people are watching and it would be a bad example for kids to not hear a helmet.

They would copy those riders and not wear a helmet, at least i think that's the point.

. . . Analysis by de Jong in 2012 has shifted the focus of the helmet debate away from the effectiveness or otherwise of helmets onto the arguments about the degree to which the large health benefits of cycling outweigh the far smaller risks involved.

de Jong uses mathematical modelling to show that even under the most optimistic predictions of helmet benefit, the net public health outcome of helmet promotion (let alone laws) is negative. This is because the risks in cycling are so small and the health benefits so great, that no reduction in cycle use would be acceptable in public health terms. . .

http://www.cyclehelmets.org/

Imagine the horror if lots of children (or adults for that matter) were inspired by that tweet of Alberto to ride their bikes without helmets!

Miburo said:

I always find it funny how people promote bike racing and riding which currently is probably the most dangerous thing you can do on public roads in most parts of the world. At least we make sure they are safe because we warn them to use a helmet!

Just sayin' ;)

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Yes I agree he still looks fat

You might be joking with this post but I know some people aren't - belly breathing - someone could be 5% bodyfat and still look "fat" if a photo is taken at the wrong moment.
You can see the muscle definition in his arms, hardly any subcutaneous fat going on, that's a good start.
And it's not healthy to be at the absolute lowest bodyfat % you can go, if he's training as hard as he says he is he'll need to stay far away from "Tour" weight this early on.

Netserk said:
I thought most people looked at arms and face to judge weight :O

happychappy said:
You might be joking with this post but I know some people aren't - belly breathing - someone could be 5% bodyfat and still look "fat" if a photo is taken at the wrong moment.
You can see the muscle definition in his arms, hardly any subcutaneous fat going on, that's a good start.
And it's not healthy to be at the absolute lowest bodyfat % you can go, if he's training as hard as he says he is he'll need to stay far away from "Tour" weight this early on.

Butterhead said:
Hes fine, he looks ok to me. We are not in July yet, another 5 months to go.
When you look at Froome hes just super sick skinny all year course he have to.

I know, I am just joking :p of course he isn't fat

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:

thanks for the video. I don't care if it's training, I enjoy watching saxo boys especially alberto. I hope he came out with something by visiting Tenerife. considering that sky and froome use it as their mecca of training ground. Who knows the gradient, effort, length of the climb etc. whatever.. 2 more weeks, we'll see how his form looks like for the first time. I expect nothing than a good performance from Alberto. Better than last year in San luis or Oman.

Speaking about skinny. I don't mind contador as skinny as his tour weight. If he can get a win with his racing weight and smash every race he enters. why not? I certainly would welcome alberto attacks like nobody business.:D. Maybe he can recapture what he did in the past or achieve what froome did last year. He got a month off before he goes to Dauphene. If Froome can do it, there's no reason why he can't. (except whether or not that would happen .. god knows :D)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
I thought most people looked at arms and face to judge weight :O

i don't know about you. I see it from his rear end. For example: Roche in the tour, when the camera shot him his rear end ... hello... is like watching an iron from the back. :D :D. And.. That is a definition of fatty fat fat.:D

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
sorry for posting this. Can't help it. Especially since he is going to be Bertie's main man. Taken from his twitter.

Roman looks great! :D *6 packs*

Bfe0TbdIUAAMfyF.jpg:large

TRENDING THREADS