• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 507 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pentacycle said:
He's too shy to show off his gains.

cd6ae9cddeeb51f8f40ca4d2490be911a4ee0dbf2371f507e8dbc7d4a347d6b0.jpg

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
Holy smokes, lots of car traffic for him to be riding without a helmet :(

lol
Ive been on Tenerife and Gran Canaria numerous of times, and the people who lives there are very used to the cyclists and respects they use the road, it´s almost like the holy cow in India, its the most safe creature on the road.

No need to worry Carols. :)

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Dear god

Team Rwanda cyclist Joseph Biziyaremye became a father today.

His son's name

Contador Alberto Biziyaremye

No joke. I think.

April fool's in Rwanda maybe? Strange stuff. Thanks to Fus87 for bringing this to my attention.

Did he steal your idea? :p

a-team

BANNED
Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Contadoraus Schlecks said:
Does anyone know how many times Froome and Contador will meet before the tour? Is Alberto limiting this exposure?

Three times as Afrank says but don't know if that is intentionally limiting the amount of times they meet, or just a later start and lower number of race days in general.

a-team said:
Three times as Afrank says but don't know if that is intentionally limiting the amount of times they meet, or just a later start and lower number of race days in general.

3 of the 5 races he starts up until the Tour, so not limiting imo. And Volta ao Algarve and Pais Vasco are races he's had on his schedule many times so it's not like he's racing different races.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
I think they're suppose to meet at TA, Catalunya, and Dauphine.

hmm.. not sure about catalunya. (I couldn't find anywhere where Froome mentioned about entering spanish race) But Dauphene and TA are a definite.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
hmm.. not sure about catalunya. (I couldn't find anywhere where Froome mentioned about entering spanish race) But Dauphene and TA are a definite.

"I will not change much," he said. "Certainly, I will begin in the Tour of Oman. Then there's a chance that I will ride Milan-San Remo. They have added a climb at the end so it will be a good test for the legs. The Critérium International will not be as important this year as there is no need to check out Corsica so maybe it's an opportunity to do the Volta a Catalunya."

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/froome_considers_riding_milan-sanremo_and_volta_a_catalunya/

Sounds like it could be a maybe.

Butterhead said:
An infected era, just watching the results makes you wanna puke.

Whenever I read something like this I think, "Gee, that's exactly what they were saying in 2004". These new eras in cycling are difficult to track.

Great to see everyone out training. Let's get some racing going! Can't wait for Het Niewsblad (I cannot get used to that name).

smoger

BANNED
Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Great to see everyone out training. Let's get some racing going! Can't wait for Het Niewsblad (I cannot get used to that name).
Why don't you call it "Omloop", then?
Hopefully, it will be pompous overture for the Holly week.
Cancellara for the first time (if I'm right) on the only cobbles that Boonen has never conquered.
I cant wait!

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Whenever I read something like this I think, "Gee, that's exactly what they were saying in 2004". These new eras in cycling are difficult to track.

I said that already in 1993. And ever since. Not so difficult, it´s just been a question about acceptance of that nothing changed. Otherwise it would be impossible to keep loving the sport, just as it is today.

Yes, lets get some racing started. :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
thanks for the article.. maybe froome is following contador.. :D

He's looking to get a hint of what Contador's form is. Froome see's how Contador is already dressing himself in yellow in anticipation for July, how he rides with no helmet without fear, how he and his loyal second in command Kreuziger have grown thin, and how Contador has given previews of what others will face in July in the form of Giro 2011 pictures....

...and he feels fear...

:D

TRENDING THREADS