• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 532 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jaylew said:
Been meaning to ask, what's the Murito from? Must have started when I was away from the forum.

As infeXio says its obviously a play on Purito with the M for Mur - walls, but my interpretation of it is that its not neccesarily affectionate praise for being the best on Mur's as much as a reference to the fact that for a while all he really did was win on insanely steep finishes that at the Vuelta anyway Olano and Guillén kept throwing his way.

Netserk said:
Huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVm24AUOssI

I'm not saying he's bad on the steep stuff (duh he won Fleche), just that unlike Purito he isn't best when it's 15+%. He seems to do better on single digit sprints.

Ok, not escorial, but, on Jaen he showed he's great on steep stuff too, and outside of that he doesn't always get opportunities and even when he does he blows hot and cold.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Netserk said:
I don't understand why Quintana didn't pull through once he and Alberto were clear. It was obvious that Contador wouldn't pull with Kreuziger up the road.
Quintana is not a tactical genius yet.
The Hitch said:
Will say this though, he has never had a weapon like Roman Kreuziger. In fact, I don't know if anyone has in some time.
Of course Froome 2012 and Porte 2013 were stronger domestiques, but all they did was ride in a train, and in the case of Froome he only did it for a couple of races and didn't like his leader.
Contador and Kreuziger is 2nd year now, Kreuziger seems loyal, they use him in all manner of ways.
Yep,this guy is insane!
LaFlorecita said:
Actually not Catalunya if you don't count his 2011 results.

Stage race stage wins with stripped results:
Tour of Poland 2003
Setmana Catalana 2005
Tour Down Under 2005
Tour de Romandie 2005, 2006
Vuelta al Pais Vasco 2005, 2008 x 2
Tour de Suisse 2006
Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana 2007
Vuelta a Castilla y Leon 2007, 2008 x 2, 2010, 2011
Paris-Nice 2007 x 2, 2009 x 2, 2010
Tour de France 2007, 2009 x 2
Vuelta a España 2008 x 2, 2012
Volta ao Algarve 2009, 2010, 2014
Critérium du Dauphine 2010 x 2
Vuelta a Murcia 2011 x 2
Giro d'Italia 2011 x 2
Volta a Catalunya 2011
Tour de San Luis, 2012 x 2, 2013
Tirreno-Adriatico 2014

Pretty impressive :eek:
Its beautiful. /:almost tears:/
Red Rick said:
I do think he has to return to the Giro to at least win a stage and get back in that list officially
I think we dont need that.Books are .... you know;)

achenk01

BANNED
Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
no coment :rolleyes:
w.png

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is not a tactical genius yet.

to be fair, qintana is just 24. but still, expecting that Contador didn't beat an astute opponent is BS.

Its nice to see Contador beating a kid who beat him in last yrs TdF

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Superb win no doubt people will laugh at me but he is on another level this year he is only guy can touch Froome, what annoys me though as it as took this ride for it to be finally known how many 2 faced people are actually on this forum guys? It's staggering how many times have people had a go at Froome and Porte yet the same people love Contador.

"stick it too the borgs" was a comment how ironic isit. I dont get it it's just sad really that i have to keep saying in the minority that im a fan yet you guys not the people in here like Anne and La Flo you guys are great but look at the 2 facenees in the forum?:D

TANK91 said:
Superb win no doubt people will laugh at me but he is on another level this year he is only guy can touch Froome, what annoys me though as it as took this ride for it to be finally known how many 2 faced people are actually on this forum guys? It's staggering how many times have people had a go at Froome and Porte yet the same people love Contador.

"stick it too the borgs" was a comment how ironic isit. I dont get it it's just sad really that i have to keep saying in the minority that im a fan yet you guys not the people in here like Anne and La Flo you guys are great but look at the 2 facenees in the forum?:D

Why don't you start a Why is Everybody Picking on Sky Thread? This is the AC thread.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
TANK91 said:

Admins, for how long do we have to live with this????