• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 533 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Even Purito realises he's witnessed something special:)

Podremos ser rivales, llevarnos mejor o peor..pero lo k no soy es ciego!! Vaya exhibición estoy viendo en @TirrenAdriatico !!Chapeau!!

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
the sceptic said:
better start listening to my predictions. :p

next week, to beat the Dawg in Catalunya :eek:

LOL... reading your comment and then see your screen name. :D:D priceless.
as much as I agree with your comment, but it contradicts with your screen name. great name.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Afrank said:
Part of me hopes he wins and wipes the floor with everyone just so I don't have to read through pages of "he's finished," "old Contador is gone forever," and other doom and gloom stuff. :p

Watch out. Afrank is going to start mopping the floor using everyone who has doubted contador. I'll get the water now..:D

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Carols said:
That was cycling old school style. With panache and abandon; cycling at it's purist. The kind of epic ride that legends perform.

He looked like he did in Giro 2011. Is there more form to find? It is only March :)

The Fire Burns brightly!!!

Music to my ears, Carols :D

Missed the stage but I know what I am going to do right now :cool:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Samson777 said:
I am desperately waiting for eurosport highlights, but they are still showing horse back riding:eek: Not cool!:mad:

go tune in to eurosport before the live feed tomorrow. They usually air the previous stage before the live streams. I don't live in Europe, but i woke up early to catch up the previous stage.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm still curious of what contador and quintana were discussing when they made their first move?? After that they were back with peloton. Then another attacks they went with the group and suddenly contador attacked and left Quintana behind.

I hope contador didn't trick quintana.. by telling him it's too far to attack but then he attacked when quintana wasn't paying attention..:D

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
With Contador's resurgence, Catalunya's going to be awesome! He has the best lieutenant in Kreuziger which seems to match Porte in strength these days (although he is prolly not going there).

Attacking earlier may be the key to break Sky's dominance, but we do not know. Froome is still the best rider in the world until proven otherwise.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Arredondo said:
Even Purito realises he's witnessed something special:)

Podremos ser rivales, llevarnos mejor o peor..pero lo k no soy es ciego!! Vaya exhibición estoy viendo en @TirrenAdriatico !!Chapeau!!

LOL .. purito must be watching tv instead of out on his bike:D:D. I thought he's supposed to be in altitude training.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
this is a sign of good things to come; I often heard this type of comment on his glory days :D

"I think there are some very strong riders in this race," he said modestly. "But today I felt good, right from the start of the climb. That gives you confidence and I'm happy because I've been working very hard I get the same sensations that I've felt at camps, where I've worked very hard."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-full-of-confidence-after-taking-charge-at-tirreno-adriatico

TRENDING THREADS