• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 578 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
Bertie looking a bit too skinny??

BnsQc4cIUAIhyS_.jpg

He looks like he's in some really great form at the moment. I hope they haven't had him peak too early.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Publicus said:
He looks like he's in some really great form at the moment. I hope they haven't had him peak too early.

He look better and better in my opinion, slim and fit and finally his muscles starts to show, and the slower you can get fit like this the better.

July looks to be very exciting. And if Sky shows up with both a Froome and Wiggins in top shape :eek: can´t wait.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Publicus said:

This,hopefuly not.

And no,he doesnt look like Froome,he has normal arms (cycling standards) and body (like Kreuziger:D),his legs and overall weight looks great tho:cool:

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Butterhead said:
I know it´s the Alberto thread, but to me it´s as much the Tinkoff - Saxo thread as well.

Anyway, I read what I think is an interesting article on Tinkoff website, interesting to read how they optimize in every aspect they possible can.

http://www.tinkoffsaxo.com/news/osmo-tinkoff-saxo/

yeah.. i notice that too. Not only for nutrition.. the last time they are talking about using ceramic balls, some yoga mat or something etc. I like how TS now is talking about who's and who sponsors them and why it's good for them.

BTW, I'm glad to read some of your comment again. I'm following the Giro, but ended up turned off since the last few pages was talking about correcting english posting of one certain guy. Glad to read some news here.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Everyone should continue tomorrow in the Giro according to DS Lars Michaelsen :)
Rafal Majka, Pawel Poljanski, Ivan Rovny og Nicolas Roche were all in the asphalt, and Nico is now free to chase stage wins he says, and ofc support Majka as well.
But from the pictures on TV2 when Majka came to the hotel after the stage, I must say he didn´t look too good he could hardly support on his left leg, but lets hope he can recover quickly, already saturday he have to be ready again.

Jelantik said:
Looks who's training with Contador in Tenerife... *btw he does look skinnier now*

BntOKusIgAA2-SN.jpg:medium

Yeah he's definitely dropped some weight since he wrapped up Pais Vasco. I'm really looking forward to the Dauphine. I almost don't want him to beat Froome, but just toy with him a la Evans in 2009 (I believe). I know that won't be the case, but still a man can dream. :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Bertie looking a bit too skinny??

Nah, you do what you have to, to beat anorexic Chris.

I've never really taken a cyclists body shape into much consideration for judging form. As it depends a lot on how they are photographed and I prefer to look at the results they get and what they do with their legs. But got to say, he indeed is looking much better then last year. Tour gonna be fun I think. :)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
infeXio said:
Wasn't he quite skinny during the 2007 tour? - Despite the fact that he was 7 years younger then.

but he doesn't look anorexic. Froome is like.. wow... even a super model wants to know Froome's recipe to get to look that anorexic like that. Bean sprout anyone? :D

He's just focused, which is a good sign. He knows he has to be the perfect Contador to beat Froome, just as Froome knows he must be a perfect Froome to beat Contador. The question remains whether a perfect Contador can beat a perfect Froome and vice versa. The spectacle should, in any case, be magnificent if perfection is obtained by both simultaniously.

His trainers should know when weight loss becomes counterproductive, instead of arriving at ideal weight-power ratio, as Froome had done last year, but not Contador. That's what they are paid for.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Interesting news. Purito will take TDF. Contador now have more headaches. Bring it on!. The more the merrier. Let's wait if Quintana will join :D

"The Vuelta a España was and is the next big goal for Joaquim Rodriguez. However, in the light of the recent situation, his participation in the Tour de France cannot be excluded. Anyway, everything will depend on the recovery process of “Purito” and his general race preparation progress.
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/katusha_rodriguez_may_do_the_tour_de_france/

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Jelantik said:
Interesting news. Purito will take TDF. Contador now have more headaches. Bring it on!. The more the merrier. Let's wait if Quintana will join :D

http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/katusha_rodriguez_may_do_the_tour_de_france/

Even tho I hope he won't do the Tour,I dont know what should be his goal?
3rd again (due to TT and cobbles he practicaly doesnt stand a chance against Froome and Contador even in his best form) or stages?I would like polka dot,but thats not realistic.
ASO desperately needs to create action in polka dot competition:eek:,new point system,better prize money or something, but they have to motivate riders.

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I think AC shows up in July in absolutely top shape and will give CF a run for his money, and CF will face an Alberto he have never faced before.
With all this mountain and altitude training they have been doing all year, (far more than they normally have), The team clearly have a plan laid out, and they are following it.

I´m not the slightest worried about his condition, it goes steady and slowly, it´s not like he´s losing 5 kg in 4 weeks like Wiggo just did before ToC, Alberto is looking really good, and I see only positive progress in his preparation, the team clearly knows what they are doing, and everything looks to be on track.

The one who should worry is CF, so Flo, stop worrying so much and have a little more faith, he have already showed he is back. ;)