• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 579 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ILovecycling said:
Even tho I hope he won't do the Tour,I dont know what should be his goal?
3rd again (due to TT and cobbles he practicaly doesnt stand a chance against Froome and Contador even in his best form) or stages?I would like polka dot,but thats not realistic.
ASO desperately needs to create action in polka dot competition:eek:,new point system,better prize money or something, but they have to motivate riders.

If his goal is to win a grand tour then riding the entire TdF would be a mistake. It certainly would put him at a disadvantage against his Vuelta gc rivals.

Jelantik said:
Interesting news. Purito will take TDF

...and you folow that sentence with a link to Ekimov saying the Tour can't be completely excluded? :confused:

Yesterday Joaquim gave a short interview to Cadena Ser. Says he doesn't see how he could possibly be in form for the Tour, it's too soon after the Giro and he's been in good form for very long already

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Bertie's time to watch his team in action from mt. teide.. :D

Alberto Contador ‏@albertocontador 9m
Yeeess...@mickrogers wins the stage at @giroditalia .Congrats,mate.Enjoy the victory!YOU DESERVE IT!!!

BoKuWiLIYAAPN4X.jpg:medium

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I recall Contador winning one race earlier this year but I have not seen (or I missed) any news on his preparation for the TdF. Will he be riding any races before the TdF?
If not I suspect he will fare poorly.

I tried searching on the Tinkoff Team website but it requires signing in and I refuse to provide personal data.

avanti said:
I recall Contador winning one race earlier this year but I have not seen (or I missed) any news on his preparation for the TdF. Will he be riding any races before the TdF?

I tried searching on the Tinkoff Team website but it requires signing in and I refuse to provide personal data.

he'll do Dauphine as usual I guess. And he has won Tirreno and Basque this year :p

Butterhead

BANNED
Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
avanti said:

Critérium du Dauphiné is his next race as far as I know. Anything besides that I don´t know.

TRENDING THREADS