• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 580 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Rory riding Dauphiné

Rory Sutherland ‏@rorysutherland1 14m
@dailystews see you at Dauphine!

So after Catalunya and Pais Vasco he will support Contador at the Dauphiné too. Hope that means he'll get a Tour spot.

I think it tells us that - Yes!:)
I think that Roche goes for Vuelta no?

Realized this today.

Aru says in an interview "Admiro a Contador, que es un gran campeón"

Barguil called himself a fan of Contador on Twitter and in an interview.

I thought that was cool but it's hardly surprising. When they were just getting serious about their pro career Berto started his domination.

Just something I realized :)

proxy.jpg

Looking good.:cool: Can't remember the last time I've seen him this skinny:eek: 2008 maybe?

Contador peaked at the 2011 Giro and was very clearly not himself any more after. I didn't get any clues that he would be beating Froome in this year's Tour, and with Froome's super strong team, I think it will be very hard.

rzombie1988 said:
Contador peaked at the 2011 Giro and was very clearly not himself any more after. I didn't get any clues that he would be beating Froome in this year's Tour, and with Froome's super strong team, I think it will be very hard.

AC in this years TA and in Basque country was much stronger than what he has been in years. I think it is a higher possibility this year than last year atleast

rzombie1988 said:

Any chance you have been living under a stone during the last few months:confused: He caused death and destruction in TA and PV

May 17, 2014
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Froome is the best though, im sorry it is that hard to accept. This is Froome's time not Contador's time.

Why don't you wait till after the TDF to make such a biased statement? Just because he won last year's Tour doesn't mean it's his time. We have't seen the best of Contador vs the best of Froome yet. And btw, in 2014 it's Contador-Froome 1-0 ;)

TRENDING THREADS