• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Alberto Contador Discussion Thread

Page 627 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, definitely not good for his chances. Hopefully it will come down to Froome and Contador mano a mano and having a extra super dom won't be as necessary.

So who gets the empty spot on the team?

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
This is such a shameful thing by UCI.

This stinks entirely like the way LA* arm-twisted UCI to play by his rules.

Just because Froome got beaten by AC in Dauphine they are doing all this.
pretty sure that clenbuterol in Rogers' sample must also have been doctored by the same group of criminals

such a shameful tactic by those stupid a**holes who dont want to clean up cycling. using CAFD for blackmailing is horrible. Also, look at the timing of all the letters. everything is done so that this card can be played if froome is found to be losing.

If froome ends up winning this tour, i am going to bet that clinic is going to light up with truth instead of rumours.

::mad::mad::mad:

*sorry for using that name, but this stinks exactly the same

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
who will be the fourth mountain support for AC after Rogers and Roche.

Zuagg looked good, but he wont be able to follow sky train in bigger climbs.

is Beltran ready now?
CAS?

If this had happened a few weeks ago, Majka could have been assigned for the tour team.

(i am totally pi**ed off at oleg tinkov for bragging too much in twitter:mad::mad:)

murali said:
This is such a shameful thing by UCI.

This stinks entirely like the way LA* arm-twisted UCI to play by his rules.

Just because Froome got beaten by AC in Dauphine they are doing all this.
pretty sure that clenbuterol in Rogers' sample must also have been doctored by the same group of criminals

such a shameful tactic by those stupid a**holes who dont want to clean up cycling. using CAFD for blackmailing is horrible. Also, look at the timing of all the letters. everything is done so that this card can be played if froome is found to be losing.

If froome ends up winning this tour, i am going to bet that clinic is going to light up with truth instead of rumours.

::mad::mad::mad:

*sorry for using that name, but this stinks exactly the same

You could have posted this in the new "Kreuziger is going down" thread.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I never understand this. The timing. Why is always when it closes to TDF? to gain more publicity? .. The timing of the announcement makes me suspicious of someone just trying to screw with a certain team.

Bad news for Bertie now. This is a huge blow for him. I don't think Majka is being prepared for TDF. Just when we got all this suspense how team sky riders falls sick like a fly, now this. What next? half of movistar squad eaten rotten food?? Geezz...

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Jelantik said:
I never understand this. The timing. Why is always when it closes to TDF? to gain more publicity? .. The timing of the announcement makes me suspicious of someone just trying to screw with a certain team.

Bad news for Bertie now. This is a huge blow for him. I don't think Majka is being prepared for TDF. Just when we got all this suspense how team sky riders falls sick like a fly, now this. What next? half of movistar squad eaten rotten food?? Geezz...

i am calling foul only because of the timing.

this is timed in such a manner that the rivals are eliminated by unprovable doping charges instead of fighting it out in the roads.

now i am starting to suspect the odd coincidence of the Sky winning all sorts of races when AC was suspended. Remember that wiggo would never hav been able to win TdF if AC was riding tht tdf.

i think after 10 years Oprah will have to reserve a day for the wonderkid and his team mates.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
etymology said:
froome. :D

char

ohhh.... i mean the 4th in TCS team. He already has extra mountain goats by the names of Kiriyenka, Thomas, Porte, Nieve, Froome. ;)

i bet AC wants to be 9th or 10th guy in the train to save a few watts

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
murali said:
ohhh.... i mean the 4th in TCS team.

well, dang - that changes everything! :p

i haven't a clue who will replace roman. what i do know is that alberto losing his his key support man is a very bad thing.

on a perhaps 'that was then, this is now' optimistic note: contador losing roman is NOT as bad as having half his team riding against him (2009).

AND: come july 21, alberto's victory will be all the more glorious.

Obviously a big blow, but I suspect TS has had plenty of time to adjust to this. The UCI came back to him on May 30 and I assume he told the team at that time. It might explain his uneven performance at the Tour de Suisse.

It will be curious to see who they tap to replace him, but I think the only real option is either adding Zaugg and bumping Hernandez up to the final man, or hope that TS has had the foresight to have Majka resting and recovering knowing that he's going to have to come good in the final week. Lot of pressure on Roche and Rogers to deliver during the 1st 2 weeks. Lots.

EDIT: Also, good move by TS to put this out there and take this course of action. They promptly put this on Astana's watch too

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Majka is in, but he's not happy

"Yesterday I got a phone call from Bjarne with the decision. I am not happy about it, I think the team doesn't care about my health."

Majka says it was not his plan, he's tired nad didn't train much. "I am not ready, I don't feel ready..."